Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

Requesting tips on hatcam settings for shooting RC Gliders outdoors

I just got the Hero8 Black yesterday and only used it once so far.. Have whatched some tutorials on YT but am seeking a specific setup recommendation for my key op mode 

When mounted on a hatcam I can't see or frame the small aircraft in the sky but believe these panoramic outdoor shots will be way too wide unless I zoom in ..Is there any way to start wide then zoom in during a single long flight using voice commands?   can I switch to a custom named Preset by voice command?  I'm asking cause my hands are both busy flying the plane and I can'r see the camera display..  

its windy ( noisy) on the slopes i fly too, and I also want to mnimize shake and vibration and get good footage of the plane in action to post on YT ..   what are a good set of key settings I should use for video and another for pictures? 

Can I hear what mode the camera is in if I switch between video to Photo and back will it beep in a different tone or pattern as it switches?  

Highlighted
Adventurer

Re: Requesting tips on hatcam settings for shooting RC Gliders outdoors

use the editor, shoot in  4k.  and crop.

these cameras radius for distances is not there if asked