Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Nomad

Request: Power/Mode button to open Settings

[ Edited ]

To Team:

Please allow us to choose that the Power button open Settings instead of change Mode.

Or better, something like insert the setup icon into the carousel, directly after the current mode. To be clear:

- 1 click to setup (edit Preset) the current Mode.

- 2 clicks to go to the next Mode.

By this way, we will can change settings when the GoPro is in a Housing / SuperSuit.

Thanks to consider.

To Community:

I you agree with this feature, please link this post in a feedback. Thanks.

Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Request: Power/Mode button to open Settings

Appreciate your feedback @sylkgx

Thank you!

We'll forward your request to our team.

-Jay

Highlighted
Nomad

Re: Request: Power/Mode button to open Settings

@sylkgx wrote:

Or better, something like insert the setup icon into the carousel, directly after the current mode. To be clear:

- 1 click to setup (edit Preset) the current Mode.

- 2 clicks to go to the next Mode.

BETTER IDEA TO IMPROVE THIS FEATURE CONCEPT : The possibility to customize the shortcut assignment of this new icon (inserted into the carousel), like we can do it with the On-Screen Shorcuts, including a shortcut "Edit Preset" to the list of choices.

This will allow, for example, a direct access to the FOV via the Mode Button.

Example of Use, from Video Mode:

- Click once (or 5 times, according to the scrolling loop logic) the Mode Button to scroll the carousel on shortcut icon, wait to autovalid => shows LENS slider

--> on slider screen, use Shutter Button to scroll slider and change the FOV value.

--> Use Mode Button to valid the choice => Back to the Video Mode.

To be understood, I did an animation to illustrate my concept. Hope this will motivate you.

H8_MODESHORTCUT.gif