Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Hiker
Accepted Solution

Repost:: Dual/split screen issue on gopro hero 6 after version v01.51 bug firmware update

anyone else having the same issue? i posted a discussion earlier but i guess some might have missed it. hopefully someone can enlighten me (and whoever is having this intermittent issue). 

heres a video to support my claim. 

Accepted Solutions
edg
GoPro

Re: Repost:: Dual/split screen issue on gopro hero 6 after version v01.51 bug firmware update

@evoxdream

Thank you for the feedback, sample footage and issue description, they have not gone unnoticed! We are actively working toward resolving this, and look forward to releasing a camera update in the November timeframe to address your concerns.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Sightseer

Re: Repost:: Dual/split screen issue on gopro hero 6 after version v01.51 bug firmware update

Had the same problem. My "live" side was the opposite of yours. My camera feels a little buggy. I've turned off GPS and Voice in hopes it wouldn't have to work so hard, but no help.

Hiker

oh man, adding insult to injury, im glad it isnt just my unit. im wondering though... ive only noticed that this happens when the gopro has the stabilization turned on.... i have to fidget with the other settings to see if this is a localized issue or throughout the whole spectrum of resolutions/settings. will keep in touch.
Hiker

any1 knows how to revert back to original firmware? so i could perhaps compare performance?
Explorer

Maybe just exchange the camera. Why keep messing with this one? I have the Hero6 and don't have this issue so maybe you just got a defective unit.
Nomad

I have the same issue.... spotted after 1 day...uhhhh

Hiker

yea but ive read two other people having the issue from my posts... which leads me to think whether or not its a defective unit?? or a flaw. i well get it exchanged today to see if it'll fix the problem and if it is batch related. keep yall posted
Explorer

I just tried to replicate it on my Hero6 but was unable to do so. I tried every resolution and fps on every FOV. So, if nothing else, this isn't a universal issue. Not that it should matter, but since some cards have caused strange behavior in GoPro cameras in the past, I'm using a Samsung Pro Select 64GB microSD.