10-01-2017 07:29 AM
currently using a 64gb lexar 633x meant for 4k and high performance i/o incase u were wondering :).
10-01-2017 07:42 AM
10-01-2017 07:45 AM
10-01-2017 01:29 PM
I might have an update.
I can reproduce the issue.
- happens only on NTSC 4K 30fps Superview, w or w/o stabilization
- never in PAL mode
can you check yours?
10-01-2017 01:34 PM
10-01-2017 01:46 PM
not sure if its luck,.but I'm almost certain that the firmware update is the culprit....
is ur firmware the updated one (v01.51) or stock. cuz if u were running stock, then this might be a unit specific ordeal. but if ur running the latest firmware.... then we might have found the cause.
10-01-2017 02:56 PM
good.... looks like we have a case:
GoPro Hero 6 v01.51, NTSC mode, 4K 30fps , Superview + different settings or not, give dual/split screen.
we have to escalate it, and be sure reaches R&D gopro dep.
I made myself more than 40 short and long videos at 4K25fps Superview. No issue.
In NTSC, with same settings (25->30fps), from 3 tries, usually second or third try gave me dual split. Voice command always on, even sometimes I used the button.
yes, I run 01.51 firmware.
Got the gopro hero 6 yesterday, and first thing was to make the upgrade from v01.00.
So I never played with v01.00
SDXC card, Samsung Pro+ 128GB, U3
here I can comment I suspected initially the high data rate is the issue.
but no. I have clips at a higher data rate than 66MB/s (that has the dual image test) (eq. 75, 69, etc.) w/o issue.
Since yesterday I tested against Hero 5 (v.02.51).
Despite this bug, hero 6 rocks!
compared with hero 5:
- I have a karma grip, still sometimes, when I commute with my bicycle, I put gopro on my backpack strap w/o grip - stabilization is fantastic
- dynamic range
- the new zoom FOV menu
- the new video modes
- the larger FOV - maybe to compensate the loss of dimension when EIS
- low light performance (if you limit ISO at 800 images are awesome)
- wake on voice (come on!.. I just shout "GoProStartRecording" from 5m...and the powered off GoPro started recording...fantastic....)