Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Sightseer

Re: Repost:: Dual/split screen issue on gopro hero 6 after version v01.51 bug firmware update

I had the same problem. Filming on 4K 30FPS Superview.

Split screen + Choppy video.

gopro.jpg

Highlighted
Hiker

Re: Repost:: Dual/split screen issue on gopro hero 6 after version v01.51 bug firmware update

Highlighted
Hiker

I returned the first gopro i had with software 1.51. Terribly buggy. Had new hero 6 with original firmware for a while with no problems except for little to no blue tint and grain issues. I noticed a blue hue on top of the lcd screen and it is more visible on the gopro app when mirroring on the phone.
Modes where it is visible are:
Photo mode wide
2.7k 4:3 wide
4k 4:3 wide
*please check if you have the same problem as well
I updated the firmware to 1.51. Stil have the same issue. Blue hue on top like a line especially on a not well lit room. But on the saved photos its not visible.
Now for the good news. I cant replicate the split screen anymore. Tried every modes.
Im using sandisk extreme plus v30 32 gb.
Formatted to fat on windows 11 then formatted again on hero 6.
Connections on.
Highlighted
Hiker

Edit: reproduced the split screen at 4k 30 fps superview. Stabilization on and off. Just now.
Highlighted
Tourist

[ Edited ]

I have tried every mode possible and can not reproduce this. 

Recorded around 20 videos in 4K 30fps, Superview, Stabilisation on, Voice On and no issues at all, recording via voice and button.

On latest 1.51 firmware using Lexar 633x 32GB HC I card formatted in camera. 

I did have a firmware update issue originally, and forced an update using the manual method. 

Highlighted
Tourist

I have the same problem when recording 2.7k, 60 fps.

I hit the quick record, starts recording, then when i hit the record button again to stop, it takes for ever to save!

The right side of the video is recording fine, but the left just freezes, or stops, or glitches.

Doesn't happen all the time, but it's very DISAPPOINTING!! 

I can always tell when it's gonna happen, cause it takes for ever to save!

PLEASE FIX!!

Screen Shot 2017-10-29 at 11.48.44 AM.png

Highlighted
Hiker

I noticed the lcd live view when turned off. You can actually see 2 separate lcd panels. Might be the cause too. I bet the november update will cause a noticeable more battery drain when using the camera. This camera might need more juice to process the superview, ALL and the EIS and 4k/2k altogether.
Highlighted
Backpacker

i haven't updated, so the superview & 4k with stabilization works fine on mine. Battery is no worse than the Hero 5 Black