Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Nomad

Re: Repost:: Dual/split screen issue on gopro hero 6 after version v01.51 bug firmware update

Here you go guys...Youtube video as proof that the splitscreen is fixed!! Please share this video so everyone can see that Gopro did its work again!!! Good job guys!!! A+ ! :) Heart

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jb1l3mKszkw

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
Highlighted
Hiker

Re: Repost:: Dual/split screen issue on gopro hero 6 after version v01.51 bug firmware update

been awhile gents! since i havent been able to read all threads that was posted since my last submission, in a nutshell, if it hasnt already been said (im sure it has but here it goes anyways), the issue will be fixed IF you update the hero 6 "manually" (i really have a feeling that this has been said but im excited so ya.. posting it still lol).

it seems like the time has come for me to finally update my factory firmware to the newest... but then again, i wont just yet.

"dont fix what isnt broken" ^_^.

so happy though that our fellow peeps can finally have their 1.51 updated to a functional firmware 😁. very happy with gopro keeping their promise for a november update.
Highlighted
Hiker

Firwware updated. Issue  fixed. 

Highlighted
Hiker

Hates off to Gopro they fixed issues quickly....
Highlighted
Backpacker

@tallguysrc wrote:
Hates off to Gopro they fixed issues quickly....

you think, despite being a GoPro fan they should of re-released the original working v1 firmware as soon as the major issues were identified. I had to return a Hero 6 because it was unusable after following advice to update. Its a costly mistake that shouldn't of happened, & shouldn't of took almost 2 months to fix

Highlighted
Sightseer

I just bought my GoPro 6, 3 days ago and it’s got quite similar problem but instead of a vertical spilt screen, mine is a horizontal split and at the bottom everything is just black. No colors, No images. I wanted to contact help support but since it’s the weekend, there’s no office hours. The 24hours chat is not applicable to me since I live in Japan? This Sucks!
Highlighted
Explorer

Are you seeing this on the LCD screen or on the recorded video?  Can you post examples.  A black bar along the bottom of the LCD is normal.

Highlighted
Hiker

I did the firmware update on my computer with the QUIK software, i then, formatted the card in the camera, then cycled everything one time, seems ok now....