Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Hiker

Re: Repost:: Dual/split screen issue on gopro hero 6 after version v01.51 bug firmware update

@danielr15 I always format my SD-card (using the camera) before I record, and I make a handful 3 second videos to look for the split screen and/or freeze before I take the camera out with me. Gotten it on the very first recordings, gotten it on a few 3-second recordings in, and so on several times.

Highlighted
Tourist

Re: Repost:: Dual/split screen issue on gopro hero 6 after version v01.51 bug firmware update

I was in holidays the last 3 weeks (through 3 climate zones) and had the split screen issue in nearly all conditions after every 4-5 clips or changing from picture to video.
It was very frustrating to reboot the cam everytime.
It has occured when the camera was at room temperature, as well as in warmer temperature/in use for a longer time.
I've switched sd cards from lexar 633, over sandisk extreme plus to samsung pro+ and switched the modes between 4k/30 and 1080p/30/60. Nothing made a difference on my little hero.

Hopefully a fix comes these days.

Highlighted
Hiker

Not sure if this has anything to do with it but, I noticed everytime i input files using the gopro desktop software (windows) after files imported and then are erased from card automatically my card says it still is 4% full, then 5, then 6% until I delete all files on the camera using the camera to format..
Highlighted
Hiker

Mine were erased eradically by the Quik desktop app. That’s why I shut the crap app down after I first installed it. Then it never opened again when I clicked it, in spite of multiple reboots and reinstalls. A spectacular show of incompetent programming, it was by GoPro.

Highlighted
Explorer

@tallguysrc

I've noticed that Quik doesn't remove all of the LVR files which leaves a small percentage of the card used.  Over time, this starts to add up.  I do a full (not quick) format on my cards monthly so this hasn't been much of an issue.  You can also do a quick format but you wont get the sectors checked on the card and might end up with recording errors down the line.

Highlighted
Tourist

@tomj53881You mentioned that your camera drains battery when it is not on. Could that be because of the voice command being enabled? If it is enabled, I would think that it would have to draw some battery power to stay activated so it can recognize your voice when you make a request. Try disabling the voice recognition option and see if that helps.

Highlighted
Tourist

the new update v01.60 says it fixes this issue, however even after the update i can still replicate the issue quite easy, 1/5 starts i get the same split screen problem

check the video below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkZUolbW6Zc

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
Highlighted
Explorer

Tested my camera tonight and couldn't replicate the split screen. I suggest running the manual update on a new or freshly formatted (Full not quick) SD card. Once it's complete, make sure the camera is completely off, remove the battery and SD card, and then wait 20+ seconds and reinsert.

When you turn on the camera, format the SD card and do a reset.