Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Hiker

Re: Repost:: Dual/split screen issue on gopro hero 6 after version v01.51 bug firmware update

Inspired by this post, I started up my cameras this morning and could, indeed, reproduce the problem on one of the cameras:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9KxcvYAZz4&feature=youtu.be

Seems like when it's going to happen, it happens when I go to 4K 30FPS Superview. I'm wondering if there's maybe a poorly seated battery or connector in the camera that underpowers it. 4K Superview probably requires more juice. And I get the jittery video when mountainbiking, like the camera isn't able to keep up with what's going on. Anyway, good reminder to file some support-tickets with gopro, so I'm gonna give that a try now.

Sightseer

Re: Repost:: Dual/split screen issue on gopro hero 6 after version v01.51 bug firmware update

[ Edited ]

The bug ruined a lot of my vacation videos, which is pretty annoying especially when you are swimming and can't take out the battery to reset the camera to get it out from 'Saving' state where it hangs for minutes when issue occurs.

Can't wait for the firmware fix.

Here is an example:

Sightseer

Hi Guys,

Not sure if this is the same problem but I have a vertical split in my video. The one side of the video is darker than the other side when viewing the recorded clip. This started happening about 2min into the video. The quality also deterioated massively. Using a Samsung 64GB Pro Card. I've not been able to replicate the problem yet.... Pretty annoying as most of my videos are now ruined. I recorded video at 1080p, 120fps earlier that day without any issues. 

Settings: 1080p, 240fps, wide, protune off. 

Capture.JPG

Nomad

looks like i am having the same problem when filming 1080 240fps, i shot a 5 min video and about 2 minute into it the left hand side of the screen froze and stayed there, i have just seen this thread and already updated to version 1.51, i am unable to return my camera as i am at sea with work for the next month, i take it that this is common issue and sd cards are not the problem ? so i have to wait for a new update or anyone got any helpful hints? is it just certain fps or resolution? my go to is 1080 60fps but i really wanted to try the 240 fps so i could get some super slowmotion and the camera froze ? i have other cameras to use for the time but its frustrating as this is a £499 camera ?

any help would be great

i know gopro said there would be an update in November, has anyone heard roughly when ?

lee

Tourist

Agree, it is not sd card related issue.
I have the scandisk extreme pro 64GB and the newest lexar professional 1800x 64GB and with both I could reproduce the problem.... :(
Hiker

I was only told ”November timeframe” by GoPro support, and have seen similar mentions on here, so nothing more specific yet unfortunately.

Highlighted
Hiker

Yet another one gopro6 with same issue, will put link to duplicated thread with videos in post.

https://community.gopro.com/t5/Cameras/Gopro6-4k-30fps-superview-broken-video-issue/m-p/68159#M36840

Backpacker

[ Edited ]

after receiving the new card, SanDisk Extreme V30, I tried the 4K 30fps Superview.

fourth or fifth footage was split screen....

use 25fps...Seems that I can't reproduce the issue in PAL mode...

I do not worry too much about... vaccine will came...😉🤘🎩👀