Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Adventurer

Re: Replacement charging USB type C charging cable OEM

Hiker

2nd follow up on OEM USB Type C cable replacement. 

Awesome service by go pro I kid you not that I got a door bell ring less then 24hrs after I spoke to customer service rep I had a packaged delivered to my door with the replacement cable!! Wow less the 24 hours I had a replacement cable from gopro customer service can you believe that! wow. I am also in Netherlands which I figured would at least take a week to get to me but it was less then 24 hours! Thanks GoPro!  

the only problem they accidently sent me the wrong Type C charging cable. The one they sent was Type C cable tip at both ends,,,,,, urrrrr.... Not a type C on one end and USB 2.0 or 3.0 male on the other end of the cable. It was a double type C cable. I am going to give customer service a call again and have another correct cable sent to me and will follow up here what happen. I appreciate that GoPro took care of the problem so fast and got me a cable so fast to me to bad it was the wrong cable. Someone was not paying attention as they say Devil is in the details. 

Hiker

Here is the incorrect cable they sent me note the 2 type c cable ends not a type c on one tip and usb male end on the other. I am very greatful that they sent me this cable so fast but it was unfortunetly the incorrect cable. I need the one that came with the camera in the box which is a Type C on one tip and USB 2.0 male tip on the other. 

IMG_gopro3.JPG
Hiker

Great news spoke to 2nd customer support person and she is sending out the correct OEM Type C USB male 2.0 cable to me and I can was able to confirm its the correct cable this time. Awesome job GoPro greatly appreciatve and have to say customer service was one of the best I have ever dealt with. Thanks Gopro!

Hiker

Final outcome of getting replacement original OEM USB Type A to C cable that comes with the camera was a total success! Thanks GoPro!! Awesome fast service and customer service. First cable that was a mistak and wrong cable came to me in 24 hours! so fast!. The 2nd correct charging type a to c usb charging cable came today about 3 days after talking to customer service at gopro "Great english speaking philipino customer serice people by the way" I have my cable in hands!  In my book that is awesome customer service that was ultra fast.  So I am a very happy customer. 

IMG_1674.JPG