Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Hiker
Accepted Solution

Replacement charging USB type C charging cable OEM

Just lost the charging cable for my new gopro hero 8 and like to get the original OEM Gopro Hero 8 cable itself not some generic one. I looked on gopro website and nothing. Anyone know how I can get a or

Accepted Solutions
Hiker

Re: Replacement charging USB type C charging cable OEM

Final outcome of getting replacement original OEM USB Type A to C cable that comes with the camera was a total success! Thanks GoPro!! Awesome fast service and customer service. First cable that was a mistak and wrong cable came to me in 24 hours! so fast!. The 2nd correct charging type a to c usb charging cable came today about 3 days after talking to customer service at gopro "Great english speaking philipino customer serice people by the way" I have my cable in hands!  In my book that is awesome customer service that was ultra fast.  So I am a very happy customer. 

View solution in original post

IMG_1674.JPG

All Replies
Adventurer

that is right no replacements go get a USB 3.0 one then the lesser grade they offer.

Nomad

Go on Ebay and see if anyone is selling their "original" cable.  The only difference between the GoPro Cable and some "generic" one is that GoPro pay extra to have the words "GoPro" stamped on it.

Hiker

[ Edited ]

Fishy you make sense like a florida man on crack....    Any one else know were I can get my hands on a OEM Original gopro USB type C Charging cable? No fake chinese knock offs either but a genuine go pro charging cable?. Irishman I know its me being a bit OCCD about having the original GoPro OEM cable. Thanks ahead of time. 

GoPro

Hello @rickv138. The cable is not sold by part. If you contact our Support team at https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs , they will be able to help. 

Hiker

Thanks mariustanja for the info I will contact them. Any reason they dont want to sell the cable seprately? I am sure people loose them all the time. I had mine in a jacket pocket and pulling my gloves out it fell out of my pocket on the roadway. 

Hiker

UPDATE: 

Thanks mariustanja I contacted customer support and the philipino girl who I dealt with was awesome! She took care of the replacement cable for me and was very very helpful. She spoke perfect english and really listened to me and my explaination of what I needed. Probably one of the best customer service experiences I have had from a company. Which is very refreshing to have.  So once again thank you mariustanja and I should have my cable in a week or so. 

Good ending to a gopro customer service report. 

Adventurer

[ Edited ]

@rickv138  you  finally getting one but did htey answer your other question.