Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Replacement Concern

Please I will not stop complaining about my concern here that it is so difficult for GoPro to replace my camera (hero5) and to think this is a know issue about the Hero 5. I woke up last night at 11:44pm just to try and get in touch with US Chat support just to ask for a one time replacement for my camera, and I know the importance of getting the receipt to get it replace, but in my case this is a gift so I cannot provide any information about where the device is purchased, all I am asking is a one time replacement, it is not my fault that a water proof camera got water damage. For more information about my case please check this case number, 04882771. thank you all and good day, hoping for just a one time approval...
Backpacker

Re: Replacement Concern

did the original purchaser not keep the receipt before giving you the GoPro as a present, because you won't get anywhere without it

Tourist

The receipt did not came with the gift, and my relationship with my sister is affected because she said that I broke the camera, so to add more answer about what you are trying to say “there is no way I can get the copy of the receipt”
Backpacker

this is a community forum, only a few people on here actually work for GoPro so don't take my word as being anything official. But looking at it from GoPro's point of you, would you change it with no prove or date of purchase

Adventurer

[ Edited ]

@spirypike87441    This is a Support site Forum,   you can talk  about your issue but that is as far as it will go here and no further .  Mod will say we tagged, we checked  but they can not replace or do a single thing but direct.  That said.

you need a receipt,  what happens when you  leave your house without keys, You are locked out, that is what gopro does they will honer with a receipt not hard at all, why there are rules to follow.  People do  need to see the other side and learn,    

GoPro has regional areas so you need to contact them, 

Demonstrate your issue on here by video  get all the  documentation on here and when you have done that you have no need to send files in to gopro.  Use the site to benefit you then to COMPLAIN!

https://community.gopro.com/t5/Cameras/Water-damaged/m-p/212947#/M61558

Tourist

I totally understand what you all are trying to say here. As a Customer and user of GoPro, I know that there is that thing they call the “Procedure” and “Company Policy” that they need to follow, and if you don’t have that thing they ask then they cannot proceed to the next step. But there is always a “consideration” to everything first is this is a Know Issue, so it’s not just me getting same problem, Second is this not a customers negligence that the camera broke, and third is I don’t ask for the receipt if someone gave me a Gift, I think most people also do that, so you also can’t blame me for that. That is the reason why I am fighting to get this replace.
Adventurer

get a gift reciept.  call gopro do not give up . I worked with Spectrum, had no reciept but able to supply the info they asked and got my product replaced, the problem was   it taken a lot of home work to get it corrected. was it worth the headache, no.  go tell sis to get you a gift receipt.

no one hare is telling what to do what is right or wrong but how it is...

GoPro

Hello @spirypike87441

Thank you for reaching out to us here, but for warranty claims it would be best to continue working with our Support team. Good to know that a case has already been established for your concern. If a receipt could not be provided, the Support team will be asking you to provide alternative proof or documentation of purchase. We would like to help you as much as possible so help us help you. You can still use the same case number as reference, and you can still send an email to the same address where you sent your last email to. A representative is assigned to your case so he/she will be notified once you check back with. 

Best regards, 
Marius