Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist
Accepted Solution

Repair

My GoPro Hero5 won't turn on all of a sudden but it displays its battery life when I connect the charger. I purchased it last April 2019 and the store said it is still under warranty. Is it a battery defect? How will we go about with this issue? 

Hoping for your quick response. Thank you!

image.jpg

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Nomad

Re: Repair

Is there another battery you can try?  Seems like your GoPro is working, but you need to know if it's a battery fault or a fault with the battery contacts inside the camera.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Adventurer

you should know lenses are removable sosuggest searching for a hero 5, 6, 7, lens repalcement and watch a vid.

Highlighted
Tourist

Hi!  The lens is perfectly fine, it's just the reflection you see on the photo.. What i am complaining is its power.  The unit no longer switches on even if the battery is still full.  It will only turn on if i the cable charger is connected to the power source.  What's is wrong with it?  Can you please help?  I have been taking good care of my GoPro but still this happens... I am disappointed.   Hope to hear a solution from you very soon. 

Highlighted
Nomad

Is there another battery you can try?  Seems like your GoPro is working, but you need to know if it's a battery fault or a fault with the battery contacts inside the camera.