Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Nomad

Re: Release GOPRO 7

[ Edited ]

There is no conference in early september. Launch is likely for the end of september in time for the Photokina show.

The WHITE will also use the GP1 chip / hardware from Hero6 Black. As such GoPro can finally drop Ambarella completely. And no GoPros will have the PHOTO+VIDEO mode. :-(

Highlighted
Nomad

Honestly the Hero 6 black is very close to being the perfect action camera. I've also never had the glitches and issues others have reported.

If the Hero 7 Black can include 4k60 in linear with stabilisation then it will be perfect. In my opinion that is all that was lacking with the Hero 6 Black. Other than that it's as good as it gets.
Highlighted
Nomad

The main problem with the Hero6 Black was the firmware. It was basically making the customers BETA-testers. Things did not improve until about 6 months after the launch. Firmware has always been GoPros weak spot.

My Hero6 has basically worked OK with v2.01, but still with temporal problems connection to the WiFi smart remote or the phone app. Pulling the battery will usually fix this.

Highlighted
Nomad

Honestly mine never had issues even on the original firmware other than a very occasional freeze.

I upgraded to 2.01 and hated the stabilisation, it was ruined, and it was the main selling point for me. So now I'm back on 1.6 and very happy with the performance all round.
Highlighted
Backpacker

@agilestoke40735 wrote:

There is no conference in early september. Launch is likely for the end of september in time for the Photokina show.

https://investor.gopro.com/events-and-presentations/default.aspx

Highlighted
Explorer

While yes, this is a conference, it's not GoPro's conference, nor a launch day event. These tech conferences are usually just events to talk about technology and where things are headed as an industry. Good find though, and thanks for posting the source.
Highlighted
Nomad

[ Edited ]

My best bet is announcement just before or at the Photokina show (september 26->29).

Gopro Inc is attending and it's pretty useless to showcase the Hero6 and then launch your Hero7 range the week after the worlds largest photo gear show...

Highlighted
Sightseer

Danielr15 I cannot agree that Gopro hero 6 is best camera... I just returned my Gopro Hero 6 to store as in my opinion is the worst I ever had... picture , motion stabinisation etc are brilliant but even after software update mine was freezing every 10-15 min and I cannot do anything then take battery out... I found a lot of people have the same issue... I had three other gopros before and never had any problems like that... Its nothing more annoying then freezing up cam when you diving... so for me its biggest crap from GOPRO ever... I will wait for gopro hero 7 and hope this issue will be fixed on it... thanks