Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

Release GOPRO 7

Hi,

I want to buy a new GOPRO, and i'm interested on HERO 6 BLACK, but we are in July, and bought a camera now to in a 2/3 mounths you release the 7, i will be very disapointed!!

So my question is, its possible the release of GOPRO 7 this year???

I like the GOPRO 6, but that micro adapter is the worst thing you ever made, please in the GOPRO 7 put the direct mic input.

Waiting your answer!!!

Best regards to you all

Highlighted
Explorer

Re: Release GOPRO 7

Cool that you are excited about the Hero7 release, but you aren't going to get any answers at this time regarding release dates.

First, this is a member to member support community, so we are as in the dark about the release of the Hero7 as you are.

Second, GoPro has a long history of remaining tight lipped about upcoming releases, so you wont get anything from the employees either.

As far as rumors and expectations, the GoPro community (on this site and others) do expect that there will be a release around the end of September or October. There was a reported sighting of the Hero7 Black and Hero7 White popping up in Bluetooth certification, so as of now, it's assumed we will see two variations of the Hero7 (with the Hero6 probably becoming the Hero7 Silver). Not much is expected in the ways of design changes, so you may not get the direct mic input that you want.

The Hero6 Black is a pretty awesome camera and is much better than any GoPro before it. If you want a GoPro, it's a good purchase. One thing to consider, is even if you wait for the Hero7, there generally are a few bugs that don't get identified until the camera is out to market. Because of this, it's usually only after a few months and updates that the firmware gets ironed out. Hero6 Black is now on very stable firmware. If you wait to get the Hero7 and for the firmware updates, then you will be right back to this spot wondering if you should get the Hero7 or wait for the Hero8.

The Hero6 Black is a pretty powerful camera and many people have difficulty editing some of the higher resolutions and frame rates on their computer. You should really look at the Hero6 Black specs and consider if you really need more or not.

While the audio adapter isn't ideal, it's not that bad. After seeing the negative reviews I really thought it was going to be much bigger and cumbersome than I've found it to be. I use it with a Rhode Videomicro and a lavaliere mic and haven't had any issues.
Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @hardyridge75260

I agree with @danielr15

Even us. We don't have any idea if there will be a new camera this year. 

Regards,

-Jay 

Highlighted
Sightseer

Meh, I would wait.  Theres no point buying the camera now when in Sept we will see a new one.  Yes the Hero 6 is the best gopro yet, but so was my 3+ black edition when I bought it.  Now its missing features common today like 4k 60fps recording, GPS, has no screen, is outdated and pretty much worthless.  And I paid the same price that the hero 6 today is going for!

If you wait 2 months for the hero 7 you will really be buying much more time for how long your camera lasts.  You might also get features like 4k 60fps stbalization and more which would be much better than what the hero 6 offers.  

Highlighted
Hiker

I would stay away from the hero6 black, and hope the hero7 is a different animal all together. The hero6 black is the worst camera in their series at the moment due to all the bugs and issues at the moment that are still not addressed. I have reason to beleive the issues will not be resolved on the hero6 black. Going on a year now with the hero6 black and so many issues that still exist.
Highlighted
Tourist

in this case are different experiences, I own a hero 6 black, buy it in this last month, thinking about the latest version is the one that comes with the GOPRO logo in blue, this camera is great is powerful despite its size, the errors that I've seen in many channels this new version no longer has, and I compared it a lot with my SONY fdrx3000 but the gopro is much more versatile, rather the best GoPro to date.saludos from Manizales-Colombia

Highlighted
Hiker

I own both of these, grayed and colored logos, and both do the same thing when we run them. They drain the battery when not in use overnight, they obviously overheat, but do not let you know on the screen like the hero 5 does, they just give you no warning and shuts the camera off. When you run it all day long without a battery in, it runs, but will get shorted out if the cable is disconnected while it is recording, as it will not work any longer without a battery. I have sent many of these in for RMA. As fo the Colored Logos, I assumed they had a different hardware change as the inside where the battery goes is a different color, but I was wrong, as I duplicated a number of issues on both versions. If your run this camera at a minimal time, it will run fine, but it will not work properly above an hour and a half consistently period. Maybe some miracle firmware will come out soon to fix these issues, but I seriously doubt it. My recomendation is by hero 5 black if they are still available if you want to run it all day long flawlessly with 256 gb card with battery in while charging in a cool environment.
Highlighted
Tourist

@redwave - when you saw the first one gave issues why did you go buy another one? Why not just return them to the shop. If they do decide to bring out a 7 which is just rumours still all accessories will change anyway and casings etc