Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Nomad

Re: Release GOPRO 7

Take from this as you wish,

GoPro has revealed its Q2 2018 financial results, boasting a massive 40% quarter-over-quarter revenue increase to $283 million and net loss of $32 million, which the company says is a 51% sequential improvement. This marks two consecutive positive quarters for GoPro, which has historically struggled and taken various actions, including multiple layoffs, in an effort to survive.

GoPro saw its inventory drop $47 million from its first to second 2018 quarters, reaching the company's lowest inventory level since early 2014. Year-over-year, GoPro also reduced its operating expenses by $16 million and increased its paying Plus subscriber numbers by 9% quarter-over-quarter.

GoPro says it took 97% dollar share of the action camera market in the US, with its Fusion model taking 48% of the nation's spherical camera category

GoPro claims its 18th straight quarter of having the #1 selling camera in North America, also citing a strong presence in the spherical camera, European, and Asian markets. Based on data from NPD Group, GoPro says it took 97% dollar share of the action camera market in the US, with its Fusion model taking 48% of the nation's spherical camera category.

During the company's earnings call with investors yesterday, GoPro CEO Nicholas Woodman revealed that the company will release three new products later this year. Details on those three products were not provided, but it's likely one will be the company's upcoming flagship Hero 7, an update to the Hero 6 action camera released late last year.

Highlighted
Tourist

Interesting read. Will be waiting. Question though if it is going well why do people say the gopro 6 had so many issues. Would they not rather do a recall and fix all those units than get a bad rep for it? And also comment on the forum when people require help regarding any gopro issues?
Highlighted
Hiker

Most were purchased prior to issues, and a couple others afterwards, but they run fine with old firmware 1.51.

Highlighted
Explorer

I just got done filming a five day outing and filled three 64GB cards with my Hero6 (latest firmware, camera purchased the day it was released). I use my Hero6 at least 3-4X a week for surfing, on my Karma drone, for events, and just family shooting. I have absolutely no issues with my camera. A recall would be absurd as the Hero6 is easily the best action camera on the market. I'd say it's the best GoPro, but my Fusion is pretty amazing as well. When you sell hundreds of thousands and into the millions of a camera, there are bound to be a handful of manufacturer defects and enough user error and failure to meet expectation stories to make it seem that issues are the norm. They aren't.
Highlighted
Tourist

Absolutely agree with danielr15. I've had the Session4, Session5 and now the 6 Black. The 6 is not giving me any problems or issues. It's definitely the most worry-free GoPro I've had so far. The specs are also awesome, and honestly, most people don't have computers that will crunch video files much heavier than 4K60 or 2.7K120 ...

** My hope for the next GoPro: **

*Not higher resolution or higher fps, but rather having the possiblity to use Linear Mode in the higher resolutions/fps, and also having stabilization work in the higher end of the fps.

*Waterproofing it to 45ft instead of 30ft would also be great.

*Adding the possiblity to use high quality ND/PL filters without having to remove the current lens protection would also be great.

*Allow for plugging a mic directly into the camera without the cumbersome converter (although the converter allows for using a mic AND charging at the same time, which keeps my camera going all day long).

I may very well buy the 7, but not until I see that it's firmware is at a stable version.

Highlighted
Nomad

The Hero7 range based on current rumours and FCC leaks:

Hero7 WHITE  - 200 USD

Based on Hero6 Black hardware. Software limited to HD res only. No GPS.

Hero7 SILVER  - 300 USD

Based on Hero6 Black hardware. More or less the same camera as todays Hero6. Maybe software limited to 4K/30. 

Hero7 BLACK  - 400 USD

Based on updated GP1 (GP2?) chip with improved processing power. 4K/60. Maybe image stabilization and linear view also for 4K.

A tweaked user interface across the range.

Highlighted
Nomad

I think the most sought after feature is some sort of wireless microphone feature ("bluetooth").

The out of production REMO voice activated remote could preferably be redesigned as a wireless microphone as well for the next generation.

GoPro-Remo-Waterproof-Voice-Activated-Remote-113092174460-600x600.jpg
Highlighted
Backpacker

@eivind123 wrote:

Absolutely agree with danielr15. I've had the Session4, Session5 and now the 6 Black. The 6 is not giving me any problems or issues. It's definitely the most worry-free GoPro I've had so far. The specs are also awesome, and honestly, most people don't have computers that will crunch video files much heavier than 4K60 or 2.7K120 ...

** My hope for the next GoPro: **

*Not higher resolution or higher fps, but rather having the possiblity to use Linear Mode in the higher resolutions/fps, and also having stabilization work in the higher end of the fps.

*Waterproofing it to 45ft instead of 30ft would also be great.

*Adding the possiblity to use high quality ND/PL filters without having to remove the current lens protection would also be great.

*Allow for plugging a mic directly into the camera without the cumbersome converter (although the converter allows for using a mic AND charging at the same time, which keeps my camera going all day long).

I may very well buy the 7, but not until I see that it's firmware is at a stable version.

so more of a rename than a new model (white bieng Hero 2018, silver being Hero 6 & black slight upgrade).

I wonder if they'll update Karma drone/grip to work with Hero 7 as its the same externally

they have got a conference on 6th September