Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Hiker

Re: Regarding to MAX software: auto 360 panning and subject following

I use powerdirector on Android and it's pretty awesome. However, it does require exported 2D footage.

There is a bit of a learning curve to reframing, and the result, even from using the GoPro app is awesome, despite not having any presets just yet.
I'd advise you to have a look on the support page for GoPro app (Android) a few people have posted requests for a number wishes, such as, reframe pause, Horizontal/world lock. These already exist within the iOS app. I've been reliably informed, these are in the works, but no time frame yet. You can, if you wish, be included on Beta group, but give it a post over there!

In the meantime, check this dude out. The overall edit is basic, but if you look at how he does the 'barrel roll' with reframe, you'll get what I'm saying about the learning curve and this is minus any presets!

Good luck 👍

https://youtu.be/fQ-h0dYqRAU
Highlighted
Nomad

Hey, @deckys. Thanks for replying. I already knew this video. The barrel roll is not shown complete, just two cut clips and we can not see the linear transition. I tried and the result is not good. That's why could be awesome to have presets of barrel rolls or 360 pannings ;)

BTW i've never tried Power director :)
Highlighted
Hiker

Fair enough, dude! I haven't tried the barrel roll either. What I have tried is the Linear transition as opposed to smooth both. Thats commonly used within guides, certainly used in Abe's footage. But for sweeping, less harsh cuts, linear seemingly does the job!
I get what you mean, though. When you look at insta, their software is pretty and seemingly good. But like I say, it's regarding the app. So, do yourself a favour and do a request on the support section of Corresponding GoPro App.

Yeah, PD is awesome, I think it's a subscription (like everything now) but it's a great video editor and adds, an 'almost' desktop level of granular editing. But... I would always prefer using a desktop, just so happens PD on my android phone is quick and easy to get on with. Until they put out the GoPro pc editing suite

👍