Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Red light and will not turn on

[ New ]

I have a basically new Hero 8. Yesterday red light came on and became unresponsive. |

Got home and charged battery, reinserted in camera, will not start.

Read forums, plugged in via cable, tried all found solutions - will not start.
Computert makes sound of connection, immediately followed by disconnection. THis happens about 7-8 times and finally stops - noting happening on camera or computer...

I'm stuck !!!  - PLease advise  

V

GoPro

Re: Red light and will not turn on

[ New ]

Hello, @vv01. Without the battery, does the camera power on when connected directly to a power source? What was the camera doing before it got the red light? Have you been able to update the camera to the latest firmware? 

Tourist

[ New ]
Hello,

No, it won’t power up, or any of the screens Respond.

It was filming when it turned on the red light and became unresponsive. All footage was ok from the card.

Had not updated as I received no notice it needed it
GoPro

[ New ]

@vv01, the power or charging issue in the camera can be related to either the charging fault, charging cable, battery problem, or the camera itself. Here are some troubleshooting suggestions that will help resolve this issue: HERO8 Black - Will Not Power On

Let us know how it goes.

Tourist

[ New ]

Hi team, thank you for that article.

However - no response - from camera, of any kind. No lights or power response, with any of the batteries or connected to power socket with battery or without.

I will contact support for an aRMA or whatever comes nect.

Cheers and thanks

Vasco