Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Red and blue dot in video Hero 8

Since a few days I get a red and/or blue dot / pixel in the video (not on the gopro screen) when I play the video's I make.

They sometimes move around just like it were lasers..

I use 4k 30fps, max iso 400, high bitrate.

Tried install the firmware: nothing

Tried factorty reset: nothing

I'm fed up with it. Already contacted gopro and suggested the things above. To no avail. Will return the gopro for another one unless someone has a definate solution.

Screenshot gopro.png
Hiker

Re: Red and blue dot in video Hero 8

That's pretty annoying, I'd be returning it for another one.   Could be a sensor fault and if you've tried the normal things not much more you can do.

I would be tempted to try it in different scenarios though, like outside , anything low light is not it's strong point.

Tourist

After contacting gopro the situaton has been resolved; it is likely a defect. This thread may be closed.

Hiker

I have same problem but i found red and blue dot on night lapse video
Pls tell me how to fix it. Thank you

Please check link below
https://youtu.be/dxWaWEEy4nE
GoPro

Hello @nawapong. Are these dots observed in other modes of recording or capture, too? Our Support team at https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs will walk you through troubleshooting steps. Visit the contact page and either initiate chat support or request a callback so you can get assisted as quickly as possible.

Sightseer

Im also having the same situation. In my case dots appear during display mode but when you are already capturing the picture or video recording it goes away. If you will review the video or picture you can again see the dot. At first i thought there was only one dot, but after thorough observation, i think there are two dots. 

Please help.

Tourist

did you send your camera back for RMA?

Tourist

yes