Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Red Light on Back of Camera Does Not Turn Off

[ New ]

I purchased a go pro hero 8 and have ran into a problem. When i power off the camera, the rear red led light does not turn off. The light continues to stay on even completely powered down. The light only turns off when the battery is disconnected and removed.

I have tried several SD cards, even go pro recommended ones. Updated to the latest firmware. Formated the SD card. Factory Reset the camera several times. Nothing has worked. The battery slowly drains when off because the LED refuses to turn off!

Please help, I lost and do not what else to do. Appreciate any help.

IMG_8285.jpg
Backpacker

Re: Red Light on Back of Camera Does Not Turn Off

[ New ]

This usually happens if you are charging your camera with a non recommended power source such as a USB port, a smart charger or a USB hub.

Try using a proper 5V 2A wall charger for charging your camera.  

Tourist

[ New ]

I have tried this. I have also tried charging my go pro batteries with the go pro charger dock. Neither has worked unfortunately 

GoPro

[ New ]

@activebluf6447, if available, do you observe the same results using a secondary/extra GoPro battery?

Tourist

[ New ]

Yes, the same results persist with another battery installed. I have tried a brand new never opened  go pro battery and I get the same results. 

GoPro

[ New ]

@activebluf6447, please contact our Support Team so we can assist you further in resolving this. You may reach out to them through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs to initiate a callback request or chat with one of the representatives.