Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Find a solution. Share a solution. Ask a question. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Hiker
Accepted Solution

Recover corrupted file

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I recently had a problem with my sdcard and all of my video after a minute or two got corrupted. Some of them the gopro manage to repair but a few other it didn't.

Let's say I have a corrupted file named GOPR3091.MP4. I can't see its metadata and the file icon shows a M4V extension instead of MP4 (I use VLC). If I use QuickTime to open it, it shows a "converting" message and then it fails saying it can't be opened.

So I was wondering if there's any free software or tool that would help me recover the damaged files in my pc (OSX 10.12.1).

Btw, that would be a great feature to add to GoPro Studio or Quik, file repair.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions
Hiker

Re: Recover corrupted file

Well it worked Smiley Happy

You can also use this approach which can be used in Windows and OSX and uses a better UI.

Thanks.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Nomad

[ Edited ]

I've used this to recover incomplete recordings...http://www.videohelp.com/software/recover-mp4-to-h26 ooopps sorry just saw its Windows only,,,

Hiker

@capediver wrote:

I've used this to recover incomplete recordings...http://www.videohelp.com/software/recover-mp4-to-h26 ooopps sorry just saw its Windows only,,,

Thanks, I'll try it in my brother's Windows and tell you if it worked.

Hiker

Well it worked Smiley Happy

You can also use this approach which can be used in Windows and OSX and uses a better UI.

Thanks.

Sightseer

I can't get the program to run? Is there any kind of trick?
Hiker

If you are running on OSX I had the same problem after updating to Sierra OS. Solved by using a recent version of the app.
If you are running on Win, I can't help.