Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Explorer

Re: Records 8 minutes 51 seconds and starts a new recording.

[ New ]
As far as freezing/crashing, what SD card(s) are you using and have you recently (in the past couple of days) run a manual Update?
Hiker

[ New ]

Each video has the same frame repeated over and over.. it has nothing to do with the video player.

It's the same in the gopro cam player or video editor.

It's Medial Player Classic.

PC Specs. I built it, as I have all my PC's since about 1999.

--------------------

CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K Skylake

Motherboard: ASUS Z170-PRO LGA 1151

Video Card: GIGABYTE GTX 1070 DirectX 12 GV-N1070G1 GAMING-8GD GDDR5

System RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 3400 (PC4 27200)

PSU: Cooler Master V850 - 850W 80 PLUS Gold

Hard Drives: Western Digital WD Black 7200 RPM (20 TB total)

Operating System: Windows 10 Ultimate (64-bit)

55" 4k HDR 60hz Aquos display HDMI

------------------------------------

Settings-  4k 30fps superview, hyspersmooth

SD Card- On the list of approved cards and proven to work for several 100 hours of recording.

Samsung 128GB 100MB/s (U3) MicroSDXC Evo Select Memory Card with Adapter (MB-ME128GA/AM)

I have two of those.. and a 256BG one all tested (filled completely several times, not fake cards)  and working several dozens of hours.

The gopro just glitches out randomely and stops recording video. Usually on 85+ F degree days, even though I'm on a bike with plenty of airflow. Sometimes it does it on cooler days too. Who knows.  I'm not the first person to report these kinds of problems, it should be no big shock or surprise.

Another example (PIC)  of the same thing happening. First hypersooth stability glitched out and was making opposite corrections- making video worse than with no stability at all, then glitched, and from then on the rest of the day recorded audio, and same frame on video on each chapter. 

messed up gopro freezing on frame 2 6-27-19.png
Hiker

[ New ]