Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Recording while charging

Hi

Is it possible to record 1080P60FPS in HERO 7 Black by connecting it to a power bank?

My doubt is can I record a maximum of 8 hours continuous by connecting hero7 black to a power bank, if so should I remove the internal battery or fully charged internal battery can be used along with power bank.

Explorer

Re: Recording while charging

At 1080p/60fps you should be ok keeping the battery in the camera, but you do need to make sure the camera is well ventilated. For the best performance, it is recommended to remove the battery. You should do a couple test before your event.

BTW, the battery is not designed to charge while recording is taking place.
Adventurer

the actual camera's battery must be removed  for   recording unlimited or any use of a powerbank otherwise you will  deplete the gopro battery while recording, only on standby it will charge or keep  powered by outside sources, the camera needs a USB or ac power enable switch in firmwar gopro  has yet to do that while other cameras did

Tourist

I used a fully charged battrey and powered through a power bank then finished recording 8 hours....not much heat only moderate . temperature on the body. the moment i start recording buttom the front screen shows powered from external, if i stoped recording its show battery and start using battery power. 

Adventurer

good to know