Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Recorded media out of order

[ New ]

After recording a full day and keeping most recordings to a 3 min maximum when I go back to view the media on the gopro app and the last recording is not the last file in the list of recordings. I have to go looking for it and with many recordings it's nearly impossible to locate. I try and guage where it should be based on the amount of recordings and time of day but its impossible. Why are the recordings not sorted in order they were taken?

Accepted Solutions
Nomad

Re: Recorded media out of order

[ New ]

They are with the latest version of the app, it sorts by record date.  However, if your camera is shut down incorrectly the very last file will need to be "repaired".  This tends to eliminate the date information and the last file then becomes the very 1st file recorded.  This can be caused by SD card errors, incorrectly formatted SD cards, or power interuption (for instance powering the camera from an external device like a car charger and then powering off the car engine before shutting down the camera).

View solution in original post

All Replies
Nomad

Re: Recorded media out of order

[ New ]

They are with the latest version of the app, it sorts by record date.  However, if your camera is shut down incorrectly the very last file will need to be "repaired".  This tends to eliminate the date information and the last file then becomes the very 1st file recorded.  This can be caused by SD card errors, incorrectly formatted SD cards, or power interuption (for instance powering the camera from an external device like a car charger and then powering off the car engine before shutting down the camera).