Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Sightseer

Recorded 5+ minute video but less than 2 minutes of the video is saved

[ New ]
I have recorded several videos that were over five minutes long (the red light was blinking and the screen showed that the camera was recording), however, when I go to review the files, either in the camera or via the app, it look like only less than two minutes of the recording was saved. What is going on? What am I missing?
P.s. it doesn’t appear the video is broken out in chapters: there is only video file related to each recording, and the file size is less than 1GB

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: Recorded 5+ minute video but less than 2 minutes of the video is saved

[ New ]

Hello, @siberianchill. A new version for the HERO8 Black camera firmware has just been released. We recommend updating to this latest version first. The steps under Manual Update here will guide you. After the update, do a factory reset. Then try recording again. 

May we know which SD card you are using? The information on the brand, type, and capacity will be helpful. 

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

Re: Recorded 5+ minute video but less than 2 minutes of the video is saved

[ New ]

Hello, @siberianchill. A new version for the HERO8 Black camera firmware has just been released. We recommend updating to this latest version first. The steps under Manual Update here will guide you. After the update, do a factory reset. Then try recording again. 

May we know which SD card you are using? The information on the brand, type, and capacity will be helpful.