Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Re: Reboot loop

I don't think I'll order another one as this was my 2nd. in approx. 3 weeks to be sent back. Differnet issues each time. The support guy did STRONGLY encourage me, should I order another one, to update it maunaully and not through the IOS APP. Apparently this is where they problem is. 

Hiker

Just updating my Fusion which arrived today.

doing the update MANUALLY.

Camera enters continous REBOOT LOOP, it never shows the checkmark to say the firmware was installed correctly.

Just says FUSION, then off, on again, FUSION,  then off, on again, FUSION, then off, on again, FUSION... and so on... forever.

Pulled battery, back in, turned on, it works.

No idea whether is actually updated the firmware, next step is to link camera to Gopro app.

Seems the messed up the update process, pretty bad!
Common users wont know what to do!

Tourist

Just read someone say that they removed the SD cards with the battery still in and got an error message. Re in-inserted the cards and the camera worked. That's about the only thing I didn't try. 

Tourist

So, I sent my GOPRO back yesterday because it was in the endles re-boot loop. This being the second one having to go back my frustration level is pretty high. Still wanting one I immeidtaley ordered another one and even paid overnight charges to have it today. I then learned they are out of stock. I thought no big deal I'll call tomorrow and see what I need to do to get a credit on the overnight charge because they could not deliver. GOPRO rep. said it is at the whse. and will ship next week. I ask for a credit for the overnight charge. She said they could not credit the overnight because it was already scheduled to ship next week. Has not shipped yet, just scheduled. I explained that I don't care when it ships and that I only ordered it yesterday and paid an extra 20 something $$ to have it today and to please just ship it two day free like they usually do. She said that was not possible. My GOPRO misery meter is pegged right now. Sometime next week I should get my 3rd. FUSION that I paid to have overnighted. This is just flat out wrong! Doubt seriously that I will even open the box.    

Highlighted
Hiker

@spirycliff35228 I think you jumped the gun here to be honest.

The camera isn't broken, they just messed up the firmware update process it seems, causing cameras to get stuck in the loop.

However, after it entered the loop, I waited like 3 min and  then just pulled the battery. Re-inserted it, started the Fusion and it launched normally. 
I then connected it to the GoPro app on my Android phone and the Fusion connects without issues and "firmware update available" did not show, I assume this means the camera was updated successfully despite the loop.

So in summary, dont send your fusion back, it aint broken, just the firmware is a bit messy right now, hope this gets resolved with the next firmware drop.

Anyway,I am off to do some filming with my charged fusion 8)

Sightseer

Hi, guys! A have a sotution for problem "gopro reboot loop". I and my friends have this problem. I fix this, just OFF "Quick Capture mode". I hope, GoPro Fix this in future product updates!