Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Rear Display trouble when Gopro8 gets cold

[ New ]

Some days ago i took my new Gopro Hero 8 out Snowboarding but did not even mount it on my Helmet or Snowboard yet but kept it in the chest Pocket of my Jacket.

When i turned it on the Display showed up in a bright grey in very low contrast and was flickering showing vertical lines.

The more the camera warmed up the more of the flickering vertical lines become „contrasty“ while the bright grey vertical lines and areas duntil the whole display is back to normal contrast and brightness.

Was able to reproduce the issue by putting the camera into the fridge (not freezer).

I did google but it seems i am the only one having this Issue with the Gopro Hero 8.

Video recording is not affected only the display which is very hard to read when it happens.

Does anyone else know this behavious or got any ideas?

IMG_6259.jpg
Hiker

Re: Rear Display trouble when Gopro8 gets cold

[ New ]
GoPro Community Manager

[ New ]

@sweetsurf60374 - Not sure I've heard of this one before. With issues like this, I do recommend doing a manual update on the firmware (instructions are at https://gopro.com/en/us/update/hero8-black), but since it only happens when the camera is cold, that seems odd. Still a good idea to try a firmware update, but if that doesn't fix it, our team at https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs can help.

Tourist

[ New ]

Danke für den Vorschlag Jefft, habe darauf ein Manuelles Firmware Update durchgeführt, leider auch ohne Erfolg denn das Problem bleibt weiterhin bestehen sobald die Gopro abkühlt.

Werden nun den Gopro Support Kontaktieren.

Nomad

[ New ]
Lemme know what happens
Tourist

[ New ]

Nach Chat mit dem Support darf ich die Gopro zurückschicken.