Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Hiker

READ THIS BEFORE YOU BUY A GOPRO

[ New ]
TRADE UP PROGRAM SCAM

I think the Trade Up Program is a SCAM! I sent my old Go Pro to them on May 6th. They confirmed receiving it that week and said my camera should be sent out soon and I would receive an E-mail when it ships. 3 weeks later I had no camera or any e-mail. I called them and afterer waiting on hold for 2 hours I was told they had all my information and would send my camera as soon as shipping received my info. And they would E-mail me... Another week later still no camera!! I went through this process 3 times now and still nothing. I get the same answers everytime after waiting on hold 2-3 hours each time. The last customer rep told me it was lost in the warehouse and to give them 24 hours to solve this and they would Email me. He assured me they would atleast e-mail me. It is now 24 hours later and NOTHING!!! Its June 21 2017, GO PRO HAS MY CAMERA HOSTAGE AND HALF MY SUMMER BREAK IS OVER WITH NO CAMERA! WHAT THE HECK GO PRO! I love your product until you steal it from me. Upgrade my butt. More like robbing me blind. Make this right please.

Re: TRADE UP PROGRAM SCAM

Hi @bachabaloo,

I have tagged the agent in your case. You should be receiving a followup shortly.

Best,

Ryan

Hi,

My name is Gerardo Proto and I participated in the Trade Up program.

I sent my Gopro after I receive a shipping label by FedEx, and after a few days my camera was received by you 6/21/2017.

Where's my camera? Is this a SCAM as I've read other people complaining about?

grandcreek6602

Not sure about the scam part, but they have terrible execution and customer service on filling the order. I also sent in my old camera, tracking shows it was recieved at their wearhouse June 5th. When I click on the order status, it just shows processing. There is probably some logistic issues, but it didnt seem to keep gopro from charging my card or receiving my old camera. Its pretty rediculous that 21 days later, I still have no status update or contact back. Maybe the order is on the way, but I will never know...it is basically impossible to contact customer support. Why not just have a normal support email address? I know my order number and tracking number of the old camera, should take 2 seconds for you to approve and ship my new camera. Pretty much makes me never want to buy a gopro product again. Without any quick resolution, I think I will turn this problem over to american express and seek to recover costs from my old camera as we

Adventurer

Re: READ THIS BEFORE YOU BUY A GOPRO

[ New ]

2000 characters so expect afew posts 

Last Updated: September 12, 2019

Your use of GoPro Plus Subscription product ("Plus" or "Subscription") is governed by these GoPro Plus Terms and Conditions ("Plus Terms"), which are described in further detail below. The following points are particularly important:

• By ticking the box and completing registration, You agree to be bound by these Plus Terms.
  • Subscriptions automatically renew until cancelled.
  • During the Free Introductory Trial (defined is Section 3), You are able to exercise Your right of withdrawal, in accordance with Section 6, at any time without an obligation to pay the  Fee.
  • After the Free Introductory Trial, You have an obligation to pay the Fee.
  • You may cancel Your Subscription at any time, in accordance with Section 6.
  • The cost of Plus is disclosed prior to purchase and confirmed via email following purchase.
  • We transfer Your billing information to our payment processor(s) as disclosed in our Privacy Policy.
  • If You purchase a Subscription through an AppStore, such as Apple or Google Play, You must use the tools made available by those services to manage and/or cancel Your Subscription.
  • The Free Introductory Trial requires You to provide us with a payment method that will be charged for a Subscription once the Free Introductory Trial period expires, unless you cancel your Subscription in accordance with Section 6. 
  • Offers may be subject to additional limitations, which will be presented to You at the time of offer.
  • These Plus Terms do not substitute or otherwise take away any rights You may have in respect of the GoPro Warranty for Eligible Equipment.

The entity you are contracting with is GoPro Inc. The GoPro Plus services may be delivered to You by any of the affiliates of GoPro.

Read these Plus Terms carefully before using Plus. These Plus Terms (which include the other documents referenced below) constitute a legal agreement between You and Us. The GoPro Terms of Use and the GoPro Privacy Policy, which You agreed to when You registered Your Account, also apply to Your Subscription and are incorporated by reference as part of these Plus Terms.

You agree to these Plus Terms when you sign up for the Subscription. If You are not willing to be bound by these Plus Terms, You should not sign up for the Subscription. If You provide Us Your e-mail address, We may deliver to You via electronic means any notice provided for in these Plus Terms and Conditions subject to Section 7. Your participation in the Subscription is optional and You may prevent the Subscription from auto-renewing at any time prior to the start of the next subscription term. For more information, please refer to the section entitled “Cancellation”.

Adventurer

[ New ]

forget it gopro can not clear a clipboard correctly    plus  terms and agreement look there for your answers

Adventurer

[ New ]

dam gopro clip board

Adventurer

[ New ]
  1. What is not included in the Subscription and what are the limitations?
    1. The Subscription does not cover:
      1. Issues covered under the GoPro Warranty while such warranty is in effect. For more information on the GoPro Warranty, please visit https://gopro.com/help/articles/Block/Warranty-Information;
      2. Loss or theft of Eligible Equipment;
      3. Any GoPro equipment not listed in the Eligible Equipment Table;
      4. Eligible Equipment with a serial number that has been altered, defaced or removed, or has been modified to alter its functionality or capability;
      5. Contraband or property in the course of illegal transportation or trade; 
      6. Exchange Equipment in transit to You; 
      7. Consumable items, such as batteries (one standard battery will be provided with Exchange Equipment on approved Trade In’s); 
      8. Battery chargers (one standard charger will be provided with Exchange Equipment on approved Trade In’s); or 
      9. Any third-party accessories or equipment not manufactured by Us including but not limited to mounts, memory cards or other external storage devices, color face plates, personalized data, or customized software.
    2. Your credit card will be assessed the full retail cost of the Exchange Equipment, and the shipping fee and restocking fee (which will be notified to You in advance), if:
      1. You do not ship Your Eligible Equipment using the return shipping packaging GoPro provides;
      2. Your Eligible Equipment does not match the make, model and condition in Your Trade In request;
      3. You do not have ownership of the Eligible Equipment or the Eligible Equipment was reported as lost or stolen, or was purchased with government funds.
  2. Warranties and Representations. As regards the Subscription to Plus, You warrant and represent the following:
    1. You are of at least eighteen (18) years of age.
    2. You are authorized to Trade In Your Eligible Equipment to GoPro and that You have ownership, title and interest in any Eligible Equipment for Trade In, and that the device has not been reported as lost or stolen, and was not purchased with government funds. By submitting Eligible Equipment for a Trade In, You will transfer all ownership, title and interest in the device to GoPro.
    3. When submitting Eligible Equipment for a Trade In, You will delete all personal information and data ("Content") from Your Eligible Equipment and retain all accessories and memory cards. Refer to the Eligible Equipment user guide or the manufacturer's Website for instructions regarding Content clearing and memory. Any Eligible Equipment You submit for Trade In will not be returned to You, and any Content cannot be recovered.
    4. You will accurately represent the make, model and condition of Your Eligible Equipment in Your Trade In.
  3. Dispute Resolution.
    1. We will try to resolve any disputes with You quickly and efficiently if You are not satisfied with Your Subscription. In such case, We invite You to contact Us as soon as possible by any of the methods described in Section 20 (Contacting GoPro).
    2. If We are unable to resolve a dispute with You using our internal complaint handling procedure, We will notify You as such. The EU Commission has provided for an internet platform for online dispute resolution ("ODR Platform"). You may file Your complaint with this ODR Platform. The ODR platform serves as point for an alternative dispute resolution with regard to contractual obligations from online contracts. The Platform is accessible via http://ec.europe.eu/consumers/idr.
    3. We do not take part in dispute resolution procedures before a consumer conciliation body.
  4. Entire Agreement. This Contract constitutes the entire and exclusive understanding and agreement between GoPro and You regarding the Subscription, and this Contract supersedes and replaces any and all prior oral or written understandings or agreements between GoPro and You regarding the Subscription.
  5. Assignment. Except as otherwise stated herein, You may not assign or transfer the Contract, by operation of law or otherwise, without GoPro’s prior written consent. Any attempt by You to assign or transfer this Contract, without such consent, will be null and of no effect. GoPro may assign or transfer this Contract, at its sole discretion, without restriction provided this is not to Your detriment. In the case of an assignment of the Contract by GoPro (not including as a consequence of the transfer of all or part of GoPro's business), You have the right to dissolve the Contract. Subject to the foregoing, this Contract will bind and inure to the benefit of the parties, their successors and permitted assigns.
  6. General. The failure of GoPro to enforce any right or provision of this Contract will not constitute a waiver of future enforcement of that right or provision. The waiver of any such right or provision will be effective only if in writing and signed by a duly authorized representative of GoPro. Except as expressly set forth in this Contract, the exercise by either party of any of its remedies under this Contract will be without prejudice to its other remedies under this Contract or otherwise.

If for any reason a court of competent jurisdiction finds any provision of this Contract invalid or unenforceable, that provision will be enforced to the maximum extent permissible and the other provisions of this Contract will remain in full force and effect.

To access the Contract for Your territory please change the country setting on the Site by clicking the country link in the top right corner of the pages. If a territory-specific Contract is not available, We will default to this English version.

7. Notices & Contacting GoPro. Any notices or other communications permitted or required hereunder, including those regarding modifications to this Contract, will be in writing and given by GoPro (i) via email (in each case to the address that You provide) or (ii) by posting to the Service. For notices made by e-mail, the date of receipt will be deemed the date on which such notice is transmitted. If you have any qquestions about this Contract, please contact contact GoPro Support through gopro.com/support or by mail at 3000 Clearview Way San Mateo, CA 94402 USA.
  8. Insurance. This is not a contract of insurance.