Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Quikcapture in Hero 9 too much inestable

[ New ]

Getting tired of having to take out the battery after 2 or 3 uses of the quickcapture feature because the camera stucks in a fixed image. I have attempted everything, including a factory reset, but no success whatsoever

Hoping that he new feb 25th firmware fix this 

GoPro

Re: Quikcapture in Hero 9 too much inestable

[ New ]

Hi @antonio1960

What SD card are you using?

Do you have the latest version installed?

If you haven't yet, try a manual update. https://gopro.com/en/us/update/hero9-black

You may also check Camera Freezes Up

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]

I am using latest firmware 1.50.72 from Feb 25th.

Camera has a recent factory reset, and the latest GoLab firmware as well

I am using a Samsung EVO Plus 128Gb card purchased from Amazon. H2TestW integrity tests performed OK with writing and reading speeds of 95 and 76 Mb/s tested with a USB 3.0 compliant reader but in a USB 2.0 PC port. CrystalDiskMark 7.0 tested on the same system gives a R and W of 96.6 and 76.6 Mb/s. It should be higher in a true USB 3.0 port and also into the GoPro itself

If running the CrystalDiskMark tests using the "original" SanDisk Extreme sent by GoPro itself, the R and W speeds are of 95.3 and 64 Mb/s, respectively.

SO I have no doubts that the 128Gb card is genuine, and performs as expected

I used the camera just yesterday. It failed again at the 4th QuikCapture use. I needed to open the port and take the battery out again 

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @antonio1960

Can you please try it with v1.52?

See if the same is observed. https://gopro.com/en/us/update/hero9-black

Thanks!

Ej

Nomad

[ New ]

The quick capture reliability was fixed in the February 25th firmware update.  However you have also loaded on the GoPro Labs firmware which is based on pre-Feb 25th firmware which is removing the fix.

So either use GoPro Labs firmware and have quick capture issues or use the Feb 25th Firmware and don't use GoPro labs firmware.

Tourist

[ New ]

I understnd that by updating with the 1.52 firmware, I will get rid of the GoLab firmware

I already have updated the GoPro with the 1.52 firmware. Tomorrow I will be out to test it, and I will let you know. This time GoLab 

In any case, thank you

Nomad

[ New ]

Yes, all you have to do is load the Feb 25th firmware and any other firmware will be overwritten.  

Tourist

[ New ]

I regret to say that this time I had the 1.52 firmware (no the GoLab), and the camera stuck of a fixed image again at my third attempt of using the quikcapture feature

This time I had no to take the battery out. Someboy told me that I can reset the camera by holding the two buttoms at the same time. I was on a bicycle in sort of a hurry, and I could not give it a try