Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Hiker

QuikCapture not shutting down camera

[ New ]

For my underwater footage I use QuikCapure feature since it saves battery life.

The problem comes when I press quickly the shutter button and Hero 8 says: "closing down" for about 10+ seconds, but

then, after a while, the Hero 8 turn on again! So the battery drain!

Any solution?

btw some times the closing down process lasts for more time, nearly one minute!

Adventurer

Re: QuikCapture not shutting down camera

[ New ]

Bugs and issues:

a Randon   return on will occure. when the camera is turned off within 5 seconds it cycles to the On. does a 12 sec long press work? or bat removal, and will the bug come back?

for the  header and or hut down 3 seconds tops, the close down can be anywhere from 3 seconds to a minute. gopro needs to  Eliberate on this not us members

you can record for a good 1 minut a 3 second shut down, repeat the same 1 minute does it do a 3 sec each time,  do a 5 second record and you get a longer shut down  . something to try. and figure out to avoid these    shut downs.

Hiker

[ New ]

@fishycomics wrote:

Bugs and issues:

a Randon   return on will occure. when the camera is turned off within 5 seconds it cycles to the On. does a 12 sec long press work? or bat removal, and will the bug come back?

for the  header and or hut down 3 seconds tops, the close down can be anywhere from 3 seconds to a minute. gopro needs to  Eliberate on this not us members

you can record for a good 1 minut a 3 second shut down, repeat the same 1 minute does it do a 3 sec each time,  do a 5 second record and you get a longer shut down  . something to try. and figure out to avoid these    shut downs.

Your answer is meaningless to me!

I don't catch a word of what you wrote!

Any other could help?

Thanks.

Adventurer

[ New ]

Live with your issue    user problem for sure

Nomad

[ New ]

Leave the camera on for at least 2 minutes before trying to shut it down with quick capture.

Make sure you only press quick capture button once quickly and do not hold down the button.  Holding down the button will power on the camera again.

Hiker

[ New ]

@irishmanpdx wrote:

Leave the camera on for at least 2 minutes before trying to shut it down with quick capture.

You mean I should leave the camera on recording for 2 minutes? As you know when using quikcapture once you press the button it starts recording!

Make sure you only press quick capture button once quickly and do not hold down the button.  Holding down the button will power on the camera again.

I know this, indeed I try to press as quickly as possible. Then the camera shows the 2 rotating circles "shutting down" then it actually it power off, but after a while it power on again by itself!