Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Anonymous

Quik for Desktop vs mobile app

[ Edited ]

Why doesn't the Quik for desktop have the same features and templates that the mobile app has.  It would be so much better. It just deosn't make sense why anyone would use the desktop app when the mobile app is far superior.

Highlighted
Anonymous

Re: Quik for Desktop vs mobile app

I haven't played around to much on the desktop app but I would say due to the amount of people who use their phones compared to those that probably use another software to actually edit their video on a desktop. I do like the usuabilty of the app and the results of it. Will update my opinion once I use the desktop app a good bit.

Highlighted
Hiker

Agreed. I would love the desktop version to have the same features of the mobile app. I prefer to us the mobile app, but would use the desktop version if it had the same features.

Highlighted
Anonymous

I'm also quite befuddled by this.  Was on vacation, and getting by with using Quick on the iPhone, but looking forward to the larger screen real estate and visibility of the clips afforded on a macbook.  Imagine my surprise to find a less functional application, and overall UX, on a machine w/ 16GB of RAM and a 15" screen.  Why the arbitrary limits of 15/30/60 seconds?  No ability to maually trim / adjust the clips, etc.  Sure - there's GoPro Studio, which looks promising - but there, I've struggled to integrate photos w/ video clips in the same way accomplished in Quik mobile.

Any hope for an upcoming release, to get these platforms more 'on par' - or is there something about iOS I'm missing that makes it inherently better video editing?  Why doesn't Final Cut Pro run on the iPhone? :D  Guess it's time to bust out the iPad...

Highlighted
Adventurer

Does the Mobile app have gps overlays

Highlighted
GoPro Community Manager

@Anonymous - We are looking at ways to improve the apps all the time. No details to share just yet about what's in the pipeline, though.

@fishycomics - The gauges are only available through Quik for Desktop.

Jeff

Highlighted
Adventurer

wat i said make that happen we're to be mobile

Highlighted
Anonymous

@jefft Thanks for the quick response - and the hope that there's some updated bits in the CI/CD pipeline.  Hopefully Jenkins reports a successful build, and all the Protractor tests run clean. :)

Is there a beta / preview list we can sign up for?  Any preferred / more useful methods for providing constructive feedback, aside from here in the Community?

Thanks again for your response - and for the GREAT hardware and software that GoPro produces.  Been using 'em since the launch of the GoPro Hero HD...

Peace,

Billy