Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Quik Not Finding Video

[ New ]

I have a Hero 8, and I took video this weekend. The video plays on the camera, it plays in Adobe but for some reason the videos won't upload to Quik. I also noticed that the dates of the video are stamped in past tense. 

Any help would be great!

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: Quik Not Finding Video

[ New ]

@slimzx7, Sandisk Ultra microSD cards aren't one of the recommended SD cards for GoPro cameras. Make sure that a recommended SD card is used to consistently achieve the best results with your GoPro camera.

What were the video resolution settings used for the videos? If the media files were captured in HEVC format, as mentioned by aragon1006, Quik for desktop may have trouble locating these files. Please see the article HEVC Explained for more information.

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @slimzx7

What SD card are you using?

Are you getting any error when playing the files back on Quik?

Is there a chance these are HEVC files?

Please note that while some functions of cameras may work with Quik for desktop, we have not provided any updates to the program prior to HERO8 and therefore we are unable to determine what features will work, what won't, and what consistency you may get with HERO8 and MAX cameras.

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]

Hello EJ

I'm using SanDisk Ultra 64bg Micro SD XC1 

The files are a mix of MP4 / THM / LRV.   The MP4 files play on Dashware(but I do get file data error) and Adobe just fine, but Quik don't even see the files. 

Tourist

[ New ]

I'm also able to watch on my phone, just not able to upload to Quik...

GoPro

[ New ]

@slimzx7, Sandisk Ultra microSD cards aren't one of the recommended SD cards for GoPro cameras. Make sure that a recommended SD card is used to consistently achieve the best results with your GoPro camera.

What were the video resolution settings used for the videos? If the media files were captured in HEVC format, as mentioned by aragon1006, Quik for desktop may have trouble locating these files. Please see the article HEVC Explained for more information.

Tourist

[ New ]
I got to finally work, but it takes forever. I will look for the right sd cards to use.
Thanks for all your help! I appreciate it.