Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Hiker

Quickcapture to take photos

When I use Quickcapture to take photos the screen goes blanc but not when taking a video, is it normal? I’m a bit of a noob. 

GoPro

Re: Quickcapture to take photos

Hi @grandboost00028,

Yes it's normal since quick capture is designed for quick shots and it will turn off after taking photo. 

Also for Video. It will power off after recording a video. 

Regards,

-Jay 

Highlighted
Hiker

Thanks for your prompt answer but what I meant was that the screen goes blank while taking the photos which means I cannot see what I am shooting unlike when taking a video. 

GoPro

Got it. @grandboost00028,

Did it capture a photo?

Please try to reset the camera to factory settings and check if that will help.

Regards,

-Jay 

Explorer

In between Photos, the screen goes blank as the camera processes the photo. This is normal. There are only two modes for QuickCapture, Video and Time lapse. A short press on the top shutter will turn the camera on and start video recording. A long press on the shutter will turn the camera on and start Time lapse. The screen will be blank in time lapse as the default interval is to immediately take another picture once the first is processed.

To take a single photo, turn the camera on using the side Mode/Power button. Swipe the screen to the left or press the Mode button to enter photo mode. From here you can change settings, frame your shot, select the countdown timer, or apply exposure control. Once you are ready to take the photo, press the top shutter button.

For more information, see the user manual here https://gopro.com/content/dam/help/hero7-black/manuals/HERO7Black_UM_ENG_REVC.pdf
GoPro

Hi @grandboost00028.

I just tried and it seems like it's the normal behavior of the camera while using quick capture. 

Let me try to use other camera. 

Regards,

-Jay

Hiker

[ Edited ]

Thanks danielr15, I did not make the distinction between photos and time lapse photos which is what QuikCapture takes and it explains why the screen goes blank. 

Explorer

No problem. Feel free to come here for any other questions you might have. Hope you're able to capture some great moments with your camera!