Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Hiker

Re: Quickcapture / one button record terrribly unresponsive when starting.

I exchanged my max for another one and it's even worse. Have to pull the battery to get it to just turn on.
Highlighted
GoPro

[ Edited ]

Hello Everyone. Sorry to hear that you are having issues with recording via QuikCapture on your MAX camera. To verify, have you been able to perform a manual firmware update? Your camera may already be with the latest firmware but a manual update helps clear any possible error with the current installation. If you haven't yet, the steps under Manual Update here https://community.gopro.com/t5/en/MAX-Software-Update-Instructions/ta-p/398826 will guide you through the process. 

Should the issue persist, let our Support team know so a case can be created to be passed on to the team in charge. To connect with Support, visit https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs and fill out the form with the needed details. Once done, select "Contact Us" and proceed with either chat or a callback request. Be sure to put in your best contact number. 

Highlighted
Hiker

Hi. made the manual firmware update. The problem is the same. Quick shot do not work in cold conditions. testes at 5°C
Turns on after 5-7 tries. No problems in room temperature.
What is going on? since som many have the same problem, do we all really have to contact support??
Highlighted
Tourist

I send my max back.
Highlighted
Hiker

[ Edited ]

Contacted support and a case has been created. I am confident that they will solve the problem.

Highlighted
Hiker

Also the power button is totally unresponsive in cold condition :-(

It is easy to test, just put the camera in the refrigerator and you have the problem.

I would really like to know if anyone NOT is having this problem?

Highlighted
Hiker

Not had chance to check it out on the new firmware 1.40? Has anyone tested to see if it's fixed?
Highlighted
Hiker

Firmware 1.4 did not fix the problem :-(