Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

QUIKCAPTURE GoPro Hero 7 Black

[ New ]
Hello!
I need some feedback and help regarding “Quikcapture”.

There is information in manual “Heads Up: When using QuikCapture, your camera will start recording with the settings that you used last.”

I always record “short clips” and it is hyper-annoying because every time I start my record that option is turned off.

Is that software bug?
Has anyone got the same problem?
Does anybody know how to solve it?
GoPro

Re: QUIKCAPTURE GoPro Hero 7 Black

[ New ]

Hi @domjas

Sorry for any troubles caused.

With the current version, it will only keep the resolution, FPS and FOV.

We'll have this shared to the team in charge.

Please continue to check out website for updates.

Thanks!

Ej

Adventurer

[ New ]

You said you record short clips, are you using that lil square 15 second thingy?

so no the quick capture only offers two options   video mode  or timelapse photo not short segment clips or  timelapse video or bust.

if you set hte default to say busrt will it record burst on quick capture @aragon1006  when the camera is defaulted to video   short press,  Long press  timelapse phot.

Tourist

[ New ]
Sorry to say, but you must to be crystal clear with your manuals and inform users which settings - in that situation- are kept.

The answer I get can’t be count as an solution.

Regards,
Dominik
Tourist

[ New ]

Hey @domjas

Information regarding QuikCapture is on the manual (the picture below comes from the Hero 5 Black). This is only for video/time laspe photos. Although they didn't mentioned of the fact that the frame rates and POV are kept the same, I'd wouldn't be too worried about that. I went though the same thing, but realized right away that you can't change it when it's recording. Plus, it turns off right away once you're done recording, as it said on the manual "camera is powered on only when it is capturing". If it's not capturing, assume that the camera will turn off, hence "conserving battery". 

Professionals use this a lot as it is helpful to record faster than just hitting the power (side button). And it makes sense that the last settings used will still be kept the same when you press the record red button. It defeats the purpose of having QuikCapture when you press the red record button, select the settings you want and record. Really, what's QuikCapture for in that case? You missed your window in getting the shots you want just because you want to change that "settings". Might as well press the side button...

The one thing I don't understand is you "recording short clips". I used QuikCapture often and usually get above a minute worth of video before I turned the camera off. And what option are you mentioning is turned off when "every time I start my record that option is turned off"? Your question isn't "crystal clear" to me. 

Manual.png

Tourist

[ New ]
Hello!
I am aware how QuikCapture works and what benefits do we have with that feature. And I have read manual very carefully :) Maybe even too detailed...

As I have mentioned - manual says that previous settings will be valid while QuikCapture.
Unfortunately not - “Short Clips” (I am using Hero7 with last firmware) option for some reason is not active (even I used that previously) - is it now clear??
Adventurer

[ New ]

GoPro typo's  Yes quick capture will do Video only, and timelapse photo only, it will not do any other default setting only. that is set up or last  one on?