Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Hiker

QR Code

[ New ]

Hi there, 

I use the GoPro website for QR code's but when I scan the code it opens photo mode instead of playing 2 hour time lapses. Am I doing something wrong or does the website make them wrong? This thing has happened to me before...

!1NQmPN!S!1R

Thanks

Accepted Solutions
Hiker

Re: QR Code

[ New ]

All Replies
Nomad

[ New ]

To quote from the website:

"The Labs’ firmware allows for much longer time-lapses, on the internal battery alone, by powering off the camera between photos (sorry no video mode time-lapse.)

Highlighted
Hiker

[ New ]

What does that mean? Does that mean it just takes pics and powers over between?

Nomad

[ New ]

It means it powers off between photos to extend the battery life, so wou will have to combine the photos in an editing program to make the timelapse.

Backpacker

[ New ]

Sir @wheelchairwalks is correct.  There are two sorts of timelapses available.  Video (much lower quality compressed timelapse) which (being video) needs the camera to stay powered on and recording in video to make a file (you cannot power on and off the camera for every frame of video otherwise you'd have multilpe single frame video's). and Photo (much higher quality, nowhere near as compressed as video) which the camera can turn itself off between shots.  This results in a much higher quality timelapse and a much longer lasting battery.  You need a video editor then to create a video using each photo as a frame of video.  This will give you the smoothest and most impressive looking timelapse results.  

Hiker

[ New ]

Is there software to put together the photos or a video time lapse one?

Backpacker

[ New ]

Yes, it's called video editing software, there are many different versions from different companies to be found on every corner of the web.  if you want professional results for free, I recommend looking at DaVinci Resolve. 

Hiker

[ New ]

Thanks!