Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist
Accepted Solution

Protune flat color not available within photo capture only video?

Hello, just received my first GoPro, it is a Hero 5 Black. Within the ProTune settings for video capture the option for 'flat' is available, when I go into the ProTune settings for the photo capture settings the only option for color is 'GoPro' but when i connect to the app the option is there for 'flat' I am able to select it when connected to the app only. I have attached a photo of the ProTune options available within the photo section of my camera. Thank you for any suggestions if I am missing something. The current version on my GoPro out of the box is 02.60. Thanks again.

IMG_0890.JPG

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Adventurer

Re: Protune flat color not available within photo capture only video?

[ Edited ]

Try turning off WDR it will reappear it disables with WDR is that your issue?

The aboe poster needs to read your thoughts then push a firmware update (wink)    firmware does not fix wihat @n3l5onmd forgot to tell us exactly what he was on.

photo only its there enabling WDR it takes it away.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
GoPro

Hello @n3l5onmd

Very good observation you got. Although your camera already has the latest firmware out-of-the box, see if manually updating it will correct the options available within Protune settings for photo mode. You can follow the steps below as guide:

1. Go to the HERO5 Black update page.
  2. Under "Other ways to update" at the base of the page, click "Update your camera manually."
  3. Enter your Serial Number and other requested information, click Next Step.
  4. Click "Download Update."
  5. Click "Click here to download firmware."
  6. Follow the steps on the screen for detailed instructions for your operating system

Make sure that your camera is fully charged and that the SD card is formatted prior to updating. Let us know how it goes.

Thanks, 
Marius 

Highlighted
Adventurer

[ Edited ]

Try turning off WDR it will reappear it disables with WDR is that your issue?

The aboe poster needs to read your thoughts then push a firmware update (wink)    firmware does not fix wihat @n3l5onmd forgot to tell us exactly what he was on.

photo only its there enabling WDR it takes it away.