Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Prompting for Camera WiFi Password - Never Set One Up

[ New ]

When i set up the camera (Hero 8) and the app, it never prompted me to select a password for the wifi connection.

Yet, when i am away from my home it prompts me for the camera wifi password, and i do not know it because it never asked me to specify one. Any ideas? Is there a default one?

Nomad

Re: Prompting for Camera WiFi Password - Never Set One Up

[ New ]

When i set up the camera (Hero 8) and the app, it never prompted me to select a password for the wifi connection.

This is due to the fact when you pair the GoPro Hero 8 and the app, it's using an automatic configuration.  It's like hitting the WPS button on your router when you want to add a laptop to it.  Yes there's a password, but you won't be prompted for it because you already hit the "authorize" button.  So when you go into your GoPro and "Add new device", it's going to automatically add whatever wants to join.

Yet, when i am away from my home it prompts me for the camera wifi password,

What is "It"?  Something prompts you for a password but what?

and i do not know it because it never asked me to specify one. Any ideas? Is there a default one?

Go to your GoPro, power it on, swipe down on the back screen.  Click on Preferences, Click on "Connections", click on "Camera info".  There's the name and wifi password displayed.