Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Problems placing order

[ New ]

I am still trying to place an order for a Hero 8 through the trade up program 3 weeks later.  I finally received an answer from website tech and they said the problem was fixed and to place order. I now get a different error message 51C.  After contacting customer service AGAIN and going through all the troubleshooting AGAIN, she tells me my credit card was rejected.  I tried with two different cards and called them and they said there was plenty of credit available and that go pro did not even try to place a charge on either card.  My case number is 07209760.  I was suppose to hear back from customer service but it never happens.  Why is it so hard to place this order? Why can't someone call me back that can really help me?  Customer service has done everything they can numerous times without any success.  Why can't someone from the ordering department call me and trouble shoot over the phone?   

Nomad

Re: Problems placing order

[ New ]

@nanacamera8 wrote:

I am still trying to place an order for a Hero 8 through the trade up program 3 weeks later.  I finally received an answer from website tech and they said the problem was fixed and to place order. I now get a different error message 51C.  After contacting customer service AGAIN and going through all the troubleshooting AGAIN, she tells me my credit card was rejected.  I tried with two different cards and called them and they said there was plenty of credit available and that go pro did not even try to place a charge on either card.  My case number is 07209760.  I was suppose to hear back from customer service but it never happens.  Why is it so hard to place this order? Why can't someone call me back that can really help me?  Customer service has done everything they can numerous times without any success.  Why can't someone from the ordering department call me and trouble shoot over the phone?   

Welcome to the club.  I ordered mine on the trade up program almost 3 weeks ago.  Since then, I have gotten nothing from Sales.  No email with the shipping paperwork, not a peep.  I check on line and all it says for my order is "Pending."  I've called support and was told that they sent it up to sales to take care of it.  Still nothing.  I got mine accepted, I guess.  Just nothing since.  

GoPro

[ New ]

Hello @nanacamera8 @fastrange25488

Sorry for any trouble caused.

Please continue working with our Support Team regarding your orders.

https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]
This is exactly what has happened to me over the past week, I have tried countless times to purchase the Gopro 8 and other accessories and I get a 51C error message, in chat failed to resolve the problem despite all attempts, tried incognito browsing, proxy server browsing, various devices, mail addresses Different and of course different cards,
I do not understand why this issue is not addressed by GoPro, the case number 07262585
Tourist

[ New ]
I was just trying with a completely different credit card than mine and I got the same error message,
GoPro, please fix this problem because cameras cannot be purchased through your site and Black Friday promotions are ending,
It does not make sense that the GoPro website does not allow the purchase of the company's products
Sightseer

[ New ]

HI, like you guys, I´m having the same "Response code 51c" error problem, and I don't know what to do with it, still, no satisfactory response from gopro employs. 

Its ridiculous you can't place a simple order on the GoPro website.

And If you reach them through chat, they always have the same answer, "check your funds on the credit card", they are not taking care of the problem, as it´s obvious is not a problem of our credit cards but of GoPro website that cant place the orders, since we are bunch of people with the same problem.

Solve the problem, or at least answer that's your fault not customer's

GoPro

[ New ]

Hello Everyone. This error can occur for a number of reasons including credit card expiration, payment detail errors (including invalid credit card security code or billing address), and or issuing bank verification requirements. Due to PCI (Payment Card Industry) compliance/ regulations, we're unable to view the details of the payment information and issue specifics. You may try placing the order again using a different credit card, if available. Thanks!

Tourist

[ New ]

I am so sick of your excuses.  I have used two different credit cards which both have ample credit available.  I have verified that all information is correct.  I have called both credit card companies who stated that go pro had not even tried to place a charge to either card.  Therefore, your system is broken, don't blame it on your customers or you are running a scam because you really have no intention of honoring your trade up offer.  I am done trying.  There are other companies that care about their customers and want to place orders.  Go pro does nothing but send the same canned rhetoric and will not even try to really resolve the problem.  Besides, I understand from the latest reviews that the Go Pro Hero 8 has a lot of glitches so we will be considering other options.  Your company should win the WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE AWARD.  Incidently, this should only reflect on the company not the customer service people.  They are so nice and do what they can but you have tied their hands and made it impossible for them to resolve issues.

Nomad

[ New ]
Wow!
Tourist

[ New ]

Unbelievable!
They didn't even bother to write an answer, they just copied and pasted the answer they gave on their Facebook page, what a shame.
I think GOPRO got a very big bite from DJI, their appalling service,
They point the blame at the customers, don't bother to answer really and don't bother to fix their faults.
It doesn't make sense that so many customers have this problem,
My credit card are all working, I bought righit now a camera from DJI and there was no problem,
I will recommend to all my friends in the extreme sports not to buy GoPro!

‏‏לכידה.JPG
Tourist

[ New ]

Has anyone found a resolution for this issue?  I have been experiencing the same problem for months and tech support has not found a solution... they continue to say that it's my problem or a problem with the issuing bank(s).  My case number is 07103118.  I have a GoPro Plus membership which is charged on the same credit card every month without any issues (November 2019 was for a yearly membership), so why does the web store reject the card as "Declined... Response code 51c"? 

I have tried 3 different web browsers and 5 different computers (2 fresh "out-of-box" machines), 3 different credit cards, and PayPal Checkout.  All of the credit cards are on Chase Bank, and all of them work perfectly for any other online transaction (including GoPro's own Plus membership charges).  The PayPal option receives a different error, "An Error Occurred" after returning back from the PayPal payment completion page.

If I DON'T use my GoPro Plus account login, or ANY of my credit cards, and a completely different shipping address (effectively a "guest"), then I can complete the purchases through the web store.  However, that means that I can't use my Plus membership for discounts on the accessories!  So, what is the point of having the Plus membership, and why have I paid for the past 2 years?  Should I just cancel the membership, refute the latest yearly charge through Chase Bank, and then try to recreate a new account?  

Tourist

[ New ]

Here are screenshots to illustrate the issue...

gopro-firefox-chase4272-logged-in.JPG
Tourist

[ New ]

Error 51c after processing the same card used for the Plus membership...

gopro-firefox-chase4272-logged-in-error51c.JPG
Tourist

[ New ]

Charge history for the Plus membership on the same credit card (Chase-VISA-4272)...

gopro-plus-membership-chase4272-charge-history.JPG
Tourist

[ New ]

The PayPal error is different... it just bombs out with a generic error page...

gopro-chrome-paypal-not-logged-in-error-occurred.JPG
Tourist

[ New ]

I also received an email from PayPal asking if I wanted to complete the transaction that was abandoned by GoPro's checkout process...

gopro-chrome-paypal-error-follow-up-email.JPG
Nomad

[ New ]

My account now says awaiting shipment.  Well, after waiting 30 +Days, when this thing finally gets here, it better be flawless.  They need to chip in a couple of accessories after making us put up with this stuff.... 

Hiker

[ New ]

"My account now says awaiting shipment.  Well, after waiting 30 +Days, when this thing finally gets here, it better be flawless."

I sure hope it's not defective, you've had to wait quite a while. I had to return my first one but the 2nd one has been fine. Keeping my fingers crossed for you......

Tourist

[ New ]
Same problem, I have called 6 times now used 2 different cards.
I am using the cards at other online purchases no problem.
Im a GoPro Plus member they use same card to take monthly payment, but yet error when I'm trying to purchase. Tech says you can go to a store which delves GoPro merchandise. I said so
Why would I do that, as a member I get half off on yore site!
Poor customer service and no call back or resolution.
Tourist

[ New ]

Has anyone found a solution for this issue yet? I'm experiencing the exact same problems. Trying to complete through PayPal, receiving the same return screen 'An error has occurred' and then receiving email from PayPal asking if I'd like to complete my transaction. Called GoPro tody (on the phone for 45 mins to have them tell me (1) it's my bank rejecting payment - no, it's not. I've tried 3 different payment methods (2 cards, 1 PayPal account) that all work on other sites successfully (2) to purchase my items at another retailer - really?? I subscribed to get the 50% off accessories discount and your advise to me, someone trying to give you MONEY is to go buy the products somewhere else? and (3) lastly, they advised I wait "24-hours" and try again. I have been trying for 2 days with the same outcome. There's a well-documented trend of this happening to other users I can say with confidence 24-hour wait is not going to fix anything (unless GoPro fixes the issue on their end in this time... not likely).

Sightseer

[ New ]
I am having the same problems as you tried all four of my credit cards and nothing works !
Tourist

[ New ]
I finally fixed the issue for me by shipping to my home address same one as associated with my billing address and same shipping name as associated with my billing. It literally all had to be the same. (Was previously trying to ship to a different address).
GoPro

[ New ]

Good to know that the issue was fixed for you. @emilyyvic. Thank you for sharing what you did to resolve the issue. 

Anonymous

[ New ]

I am having problems placing my order. 've tried different credit cards, and nothing works. Ironically, the same details work for my monthly payments, but not for my accessories purcharse. 

It's an absolute disgrace, and the company should be ashamed of itself for having such a thing to happen. How can you continue to charge customers for a premium service, and then blatantly not have it work. 

Let's not get started on the Online Chat support. Apparently, regardless of what hour, what day, I submit my query, their staff are always busy. If that's the case, then can you not do what normal companies do, and put me on a waiting list!! 

Please resolve this now. Thanks. 

GoPro

[ New ]

@Anonymous, sorry to hear you're having these issues. Make sure that your shipping address is complete and correct all the way down to the zip code. PO boxes do not work. If you haven't yet, try again after clearing cache and cookies or using a different browser. You may also explore ordering using an incognito browser. If the order will still not go through, our Support Team through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs.

If having trouble connecting to our Chat Support team. You may try changing the location and language to "US, English" on the webpage.

Tourist

[ New ]

I tried to order GoPro8 this morning but it said the payment  rejected so I tried again and got rejected again sooner to realise the sum has been deducted from my bankaccount twice but the order has been rejected.I have been trying to contact helpline since then .cannot contact them in anyway phone doesnt even ring,livechat page appears completely blank and the automatic reply said will contact me back in 10 mins but now its 1:30 hr waiting....dont know if i should contact the bank instead.

GoPro

[ New ]

Hello @bharatg1. You will only be billed out when the item ships out. If the order didn't go through, what you're probably seeing on your account is a pre-authorization charge, which will eventually drop. You may contact your bank to further check on this.

If the order went through, you may reach out to our Support Team through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs to initiate a callback request or chat with one of the representatives.

Tourist

[ New ]

I did called the bank and they cant help it since its pending not debited, 

the gopro helpline told me it takes 24-48 hrs to refund my money and even the weekend wont effect it but now day 5 has passed....when i called this morning she said another 48 hrs just to get back the reply from another department after i provide them with the details which i have to may be get it through the bank like transaction number since i cant find it in the app neither on the online banking.

after calling the bank i requested call back for the 2nd time i think they called me as it was a new number to me but no one spoke may be the line was bad  i kept on sayin hello hello for few times i hung up as noone was replying thought they will call back...bt didnt.

this is the 3rd time i have requested and waiting for the call .

you cant take forever to refund the money that has been holded for no reason, when you are not even accepting the order or cant even confirm the order after all this happened.

i need the refund asap so i can place the order .

Hiker

[ New ]

This not from from a GoPro person, just to clarify.  What you are going through is a common practice at a bank with a bankcard purchase.  I just went through this on another vendor.  Basically, you place the order online at GoPro.  Gopro initates the order fulfillment process and the credit card charge goes into a "Pending" mode at your bank, as the order has not yet shipped.  Once the product ships, the bank will then "Post" the charge and you are then hit with the bill.  If the order is "Pending", nothing you or the bank can really do, as you have not yet been actually charged for the product.  If the amount gets posted (billed) and you do not get the product, then you can dispute the charge with the supplier, via the bank.  Seems nothing is really easy anymore and does not sound like GoPro is helping here.  Hope this helps you to understand the process better.

Hiker

[ New ]

I've got the same error page, but with Visa payment method. My money was deducted, but no confirmation email, nothing. How did it end for you? Thank you for your answer.

Hiker

[ New ]
I've got the same error page, but with Visa payment method. My money was deducted, but no confirmation email, nothing. How did it end for you? Thank you for your answer.
GoPro

[ New ]

Hello @sixtorodriguez. A few other things to check. Make sure that your shipping address is complete and correct all the way down to the zip code. PO boxes do not work. If you haven't yet, try again after clearing cache and cookies or using a different browser. You may also explore ordering using an incognito browser. If the order will still not go through, our Support Team through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs.

Tourist

[ New ]
I have been experiencing the same issues. I placed two orders using two different cards and go pro cancelled both the orders with no prior notification. Spent hours on customer support and even spoke to a supervisor who asked me to place the order on a different website. Worst worst worst customer service ever. Top of that go pro kept my money for more than a week. Such a shame.
Sightseer

[ New ]

You guys must think your customers are absolute idiots. I have done everything mentioned in this thread to no avail, as has everyone else on this thread. I've spent well over 10 hours in the past week on the phone with customer suppert. Always the same suggestions, over and over with ZERO change. Bite the bullet and tell your customer service reps to come clean and admit you are aware of the issue but you have no solution at this time. Don't waste my time having me do stuff you lnow won't solve anything. I'm sure just the sheer hours your reps are wasting on GoPros end are costing you dearly.

My case number is 08195011.

Sightseer

[ New ]

How abot GoPro just fixes it's website and we don't have to take this many steps to give them our money? We can just switch to Insta360 or DJI cameras. 

Tourist

[ New ]

Trust me your not the one facing this issue even I am getting the same error and I wrote emails to them and contacted them all have stupid reasons and all my CC are working fine still not able to get one. What a shame on GoPro, these guys have cheap support system and payment pages.

I have trying to buy GoPro 9 from a weeks time still no luck and I am getting the same error back to back