Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Hiker

Problem with editing 4k60fps

[ New ]

Hi.

I cant open 4k60fps videos in Sony vegas 13. I cant open them in Gopro studio either.

2.7k60 fps works, but no fps higher than 60.

I think the problem lies in the camera.

I shot a video 1080p120fps with my old 5, and i can open it without a problem. If i shoot 1080p120fps with my 7, i cant open it.

I have a fairly new computer. 

The problem is not in the programs, because ive tried this on an 6-8 year old laptop with the same results.

Before i return the camera, is there anything i can try, or anything ive missed?

Adventurer

Re: Problem with editing 4k60fps

[ New ]

The question is:

Does  the   Discontinued GoPro studio that CIneform By GoPro no longer  makes Allows HEVC files to work on it?  I have not  gopro studio loaded on her, and can do that test myself for the answer.  I use PowerDirector 16 and  no issues, just slow at times to edit due to a ton of info .....

Hiker

[ New ]

Im sorry, but can you refrase that question? I really didnt understand a thing. 

"no longer makes allows? haha sorry dude ;) 

In short: Gopro studio and Sony vegas can open anything from my 5, but not my 7. 

Adventurer

[ New ]

HEVC does that work for   gopro studio,

Hiker

[ New ]

Ok i understand now. i think that my computer does not support HEVC. Gonna check that out

Tourist

[ New ]

I recently upgraded to Windows 10 so that I could use Quik for Desktop. Bit of a waste of time. AFAIK windows 7 and 10 do not natively support HEVC. I've now removed Quik for Desktop, because not only does it crash with 4k, but crashes with just about everything else.

The solution I have for all resolutions is to use Premiere. It does the job straight out on the box. I dont think its your camera, but a software issue.

Best of luck.

Nomad

[ New ]

Hi,

When I first time import 4k/60fps video file from GP7HB to SV14 I had to wait just couple of seconds to see messeage that HEVC has been installed.

BUt with 13 version could be problem, chceck this thread - translate it by google - there is some drivers:

http://www.videotreffpunkt.com/index.php/Thread/18251-HEVC-ProRes-XAVC-L-Vegas-Plug-In/

Hiker

[ New ]

Thank you for your help. Obviously its not the camera after all. Seems to be the softwares.

Guess ill have to look after some better editingprograms.  

Cheers