Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Sightseer

Problem with connecting hero 5 pack to IOS App

[ New ]
I have not used the camera in about 8 months. Go it out to use it again but cannot connect to it. I have uninstalled the app. Deleted the wifi connection and Bluetooth. Reset connections on the GoPro. Tried connecting. It finds the camera. Asks to pair. I tap yes and then says paired, connecting but then it won’t connect. The GoPro says app connected but the app won’t connect. I have reset and tried again multiple times with no luck. Help please.
Sightseer

Re: Problem with connecting hero 5 pack to IOS App

[ New ]
Have simillar issue with GPH5, 2.60 trying at iOS13.5.1
Camera shows Connected but App fail commection
Any advise, idea How-to?
GoPro

Re: Problem with connecting hero 5 pack to IOS App

[ New ]

Hello, @travellerpaul and @libor. If you haven't yet, we recommend doing a manual firmware update on the camera, even if the camera may already have the latest firmware. The manual update will get rid of any possible error with the current installation and will help us isolate the cause of the trouble further. 

The steps under Manual Update here will guide you through the process. After the update, perform a factory reset. Ensure that you have the latest version of the GoPro App installed, then re-pair the two devices. 

Let us know how it goes. Thanks!