Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Problem with GoPro Hero 7 Black

[ New ]

Crrently i am using GoPro Hero 7 Black which is 2 months old. Now some problems coming in the low light and indoor lighting conditions. There are circles coming around the LED light, lamps,etc. I am attaching some images for your reference. Current firmware version is v1.70. 

GOPR1321.JPG
Nomad

Re: Problem with GoPro Hero 7 Black

[ New ]

This is caused by either having a dirty lens cover or moisture build up on the inside of your lens cover (which can be caused by moving your camera from a cold environment to a warm environment quickly, or by having a cold camera that heats up quickly).

There's a lot of noise in the picture too, this could be caused by having ProTune enabled but having it set up incorrectly.

Tourist

[ New ]
Camera heats up quickly and protune is off. What can i do to solve this problem??
GoPro

[ New ]

@shreyasm4, what SD card are you using? There is a list of recommended cards here for your reference.

In addition, reinstalling the firmware update of the camera can help correct any errors with the current software installation. Follow the manual update instructions specified on this article: Software Update Instructions for HERO7 Cameras

If you've updated the camera already, and is still experiencing the same issue, our Support team will be able to assist you further. You may reach them by phone or chat.

Kind Regards,

Ann

Nomad

[ New ]

Change the laws of physics.....

Failing that.....

Remove your lens cover from your GoPro and make sure the lens, the lens cover exterior and lens cover interior are both cleaned and free of moisture.  Use a proper cleaning solution and a soft clean microfiber cloth.  Then reseal your camera.

Make sure you haven't been cleaning your camera lens covers with tissue, kitchen towel, t-shirts, shirts etc. as these could cause your lens or lens cover to be scratched.

If you're going to shoot in a cold environment, give your camera time to aclimatise.  You may also try an anti fogging solution to see if that will help. 

Adventurer

[ New ]

from what was just said I do the following.  Go Back to the Scene take a tripod and stand shoot the shot . then take off the lens protector and shot theshot. then come back and compare.

I know if my  window is not clean I get FLARE.

Tourist

[ New ]
Hi guys,
I am having this problem too. How to solve this problem? I tried updated firmware and it is not helpful.
GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @fastcreek12085

Please run a manual software update. https://gopro.com/en/us/update
Once the update is completed, reset the camera to its factory settings. https://community.gopro.com/t5/en/Reset-Camera-Settings/ta-p/388279
Do a test recording and see if it made a difference. 
Let us know how it goes.

Thanks!

Ej