Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Problem with GoPro 7 - Overheat

Hi,

I recently bought my GoPro 7 at the end of September, delivered to my house and used for the first at the start of October. I went on holidays on the 2nd weekend of October used my camera there and no problem arised. I may have used it 2 other occassions and no probl;ems encountered either.

Just there, I turned on my camera to delete some footage. After a few minutes, the camera started to overheat. There is even a burnt spot on my SD card. I tried to turn it off but it only gave me a black screen. I took out the battery and tried again, the camera is still acting up giving me a black screen and the burnt spot on the SD card is even worse now. See attached image below of the SD card.

I am going away for two weeks tonight and my camera is acting up. Anyone know what to do?

Cheers,

Franco

45595141_179432046254432_4661996543778226176_n.jpg
Adventurer

Re: Problem with GoPro 7 - Overheat

STOP!

@fastboost50752  Why did you continue to go forward and not stop at the first sign of troubles?     Wow glad you are alright and I am sure you are or do you know not to use Ultra's  I suggest to  not use the camera until you call gopro.com/contactus.  and you may want t othink about not going forward if  the trouble was seen, lucky it did not go on fire.