Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Sightseer
Accepted Solution

Problem Resetting WiFi and Password GoPro Hero 3+

Hello,

I was looking to use a GoPro that previously belonged to my brother and therefore needed to reset the WiFi and password. I followed all the instructions online for the GoPro Hero 3+, which has included me purchasing a new MicroSD card and an adapter to connect it to my compiuter. I downloaded the update and dragged the files into the "NONAME" device, put it back into my GoPro and nothing occured. The WifI still pops up under my brother's name and thus his password. How can I work around this issue? 

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Problem Resetting WiFi and Password GoPro Hero 3+

Sorry to hear about that, @alecgriz. It maybe time to engage our Support team for further assistance. This way, they will be able to walk you through the steps and determine if there is a miss on any of the steps, or if the camera maybe faulty to not detect the update files. When you contact them through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs , let them know what you have done so far by referring them to this thread. Please keep us posted on how it works out. Best regards!

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
GoPro

Hello @alecgriz

Which SD card are you using? Is it among the recommended ones on this list

Also, did you make sure that only the UPDATE folder (non-zip, no other characters on the name) was saved on the SD card prior to you inserting the card back to the camera? Try formatting the SD card first and save the UPDATE folder on it again. If you see DCIM, MISC and other items on the SD card, please delete them. 

For additional troubleshooting steps for pairing connection issues , you can check this article: Solve GoPro App Connection Issues

Feel free to post back for any other questions or concerns that you may have. 

Best regards, 
Marius

Highlighted
Sightseer

Thank you for the quick reply! Yes I have the SanDisk Extreme PLUS UHS-I 32GB MicroSD. I tried it again this time and made sure only to add what is in the UPDATE folder, but when I insert my card back into the GoPro and turn it back on, nothing occurs. Not sure what the issue might be and unfortunately the troubleshooting link you provided me, leads back to the oringial WiFi and Password Reset instructions. 

Highlighted
GoPro

Sorry to hear about that, @alecgriz. It maybe time to engage our Support team for further assistance. This way, they will be able to walk you through the steps and determine if there is a miss on any of the steps, or if the camera maybe faulty to not detect the update files. When you contact them through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs , let them know what you have done so far by referring them to this thread. Please keep us posted on how it works out. Best regards!

Highlighted
Sightseer

I also have been trying to resett wifi and password.  I am able get to the update section where it asks me for the serial number and a email address.  Once I have all this filled out and hit continue I get a http 400 message.  I have tried this on three seperate computers only to get the same result.  Any ideas!

Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @shauna4,

Can you try to use incognito on Google Chrome?

Please let us know if same issue persist. 

Please also send a screenshot.

Thanks,

-Jay