Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see if it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Premiere Pro cutting off part of the video and stitching

[ New ]

Hello all. 

I have premiere pro cc and every video I have edited so far cuts off part of the video. It is almost like it restitches the video. I am on a mac and When I open up the video in the gopro player it is perfect after exporting, however, when I put it in premiere you can see where it is not perfect and cutting off some of the video. Yes I am using the fx reframe in premiere. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks

Eddie

Screen Shot 2021-04-29 at 9.15.11 AM.png
Backpacker

Re: Premiere Pro cutting off part of the video and stitching

[ New ]

It looks like you're exporting the footage as a reframed video instead of a spherical video.  So when you pull it into Adobe Premier it's now trying to make a 360 video out of a reframed cropped video.  When using the Reframe FX pluggin, this is only for spherical 360 degree media.  If you're reframing in GoPro Player and exporting it, it's no longer 360 degree video.

If this isn't the case and you're exporting 360 media, then have you set up your sequence in Adobe Premier to match the settings  of the video file?  So if your video is in 4K, the sequence must also be set up for 4K.  If your video is in 5.6K, your sequence must also be set up for 5.6k.

Tourist

Re: Premiere Pro cutting off part of the video and stitching

[ New ]

Thank you for your reply.

I have many export resolutions from gopro. I exported it in prores 422, byt there is also 4444 422 hq 422lt and 422 proxy. is there a specific one I should be using. 

I am going to try and edit a ten second clip without using the gopro fx mod lets see how it works. ty

Eddie