Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Pre-Sale Question

[ New ]

I would like to buy a GoPro for motorcycle vlogging where it will be attached to my helmet, but I need to have the external mic input. The set-up also needs some degree of water resistance.

Unfortunately none of the GoPro cameras appear to offer built-in mic inputs. I understand there are contraptions that you can add to the 7 and 8. However, "Media Mod" case for the 8 is not waterproof (is there a case for the case?). And the 7, well the camera is a bit more dated, and the attachment seems rather large for such a simple function. 

What set-up would people advise me to get a GoPro, with mic in, with some level of water resistance, all designed to attach to a helmet.

Nomad

Re: Pre-Sale Question

[ New ]

As you've probably realized by now, the setup you want isn't currently on offer by GoPro.  

If you're determined to use a GoPro, I would use a seperate audio recorder with a wireless mic inside your helmet, then just join the 2 together in post.

Otherwise look up some other action camera's that offer a built in bluetooth option (although I've listened to clips of this and the quality just isn't that great).

Or wait until October to see if the latest GoPro offers wireless audio.

However as of right now, there is no water proof solution for getting external audio into the GoPro.

Adventurer

[ New ]

dating Back to the hero 2 we had  the built in 3.5mm mic jack.   you may find a hero 8 with the protection offered for  the ac that may just (watch the vid) and also not sure everyone knows things so yeah   like said I speak with a bike forum .....  

In this video, we are taking a look at an all-weather charging solution for the GoPro Hero 8 Black. The X-PWR-H8 from 3BR Powersports allows you to feed continuous power to you Hero 8 Black in all weather conditions. No matter whether you need to protect your GoPro from dust, moisture, snow, rain or mud this kit will keep your camera safe and powered up for long periods of time. Perfect for motovloggers, those who like to create night-lapses or extended time-lapses, aviation or mounting on heavy machinery where swapping out batteries constantly is less than ideal. https://www.3brpowersports.com/

In this video, we are taking a look at an all-weather charging solution for the GoPro Hero 8 Black. The X-PWR-H8 from 3BR Powersports allows you to feed cont...
Nomad

[ New ]

Problem isn't power, it's audio in via an external mic system.  Even using the "All weather USB" cables, you're still looking at having a lavelier mic in the helmet, having to run to the USB GoPro Dongle, which then has to use an extension cable to run into this "all weather" case... so having wires hanging out everywhere is not an ideal solution at all.

GoPro needs to license wireless bluetooth audio.  The only problem is it would require extra processing power taking away from their already "pushed to the limit" processor, add more heat and lose sales over the media mod and mic adapter.  

Adventurer

[ New ]

so then simply get the gopro hero 2 and problem solved.

or get a hero 5, 6, 7, 8  get the promic adapter, with the Ear wax modl for swimmers creates a seal and weather resistance  around the opening. and any 3.5mm moc, problem solved.

better yet  just use it like I been hero 8 promic, rode wireless go.