Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see if it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Sightseer

Powering On

[ New ]

I leave my camera installed in my car, always hooked up to power. My unit will not power up after a day or so, I have to remove and reinstall the battery, then after a few minutes I can turn on the unit. I have replaced the battery. Any suggestions?

GoPro

Re: Powering On

[ New ]

Hi @jond22863,

Try removing the camera's battery and directly connect the camera to the power source. Does the camera powers on?

Though the camera will work normally when powered from an external power source 5V 1A (5V 2A recommended for HERO7 Black, Silver and White, HERO6 Black, Fusion, HERO5 Black and HERO5 Session) via USB-C cable, I suggest to remove the battery if you will be using the camera for very long-term shooting to prevent the camera from overheating -- at some point, this can also damage the battery. Other users have expressed similar suggestion when it comes to this situation

On a side note, without the battery installed, the camera will eventually turn off the moment that the external power stops.

Hopefully this helps!

Ann

Sightseer

[ New ]

I tried removing the battery and powering on the unit, no go for the go pro. 

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @jond22863

There could be an issue on the battery connectors or the unit itself.

Let our Support Team check on this further. https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Please have your camera's serial number and proof of purchase ready.

Don't forget to inform them about the isolation tests done.

Thanks!

Ej