Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Sightseer

Pour quoi ma GoPro me fait des petit clip de 15 min au lieu de plus long

[ New ]
À chaque fois je dis ma go pro héros huit elle me fait des petits clips lors ce que j’aimerais faire des longs
Nomad

Re: Pour quoi ma GoPro me fait des petit clip de 15 min au lieu de plus long

[ New ]

This is called file chaptering and it's a normal function of all GoPro camera's.  It's done to protect your files in the event of data or powerloss.  If the GoPro only recorded 1 single file, any data or power loss could result in losing the entire recording.  By splitting the files the chances of complete loss are greatly reduced and file recovery options are also increased.

GoPro File Chaptering

GoPro

[ New ]

@darbellay, what's happening is called File Chaptering in GoPro cameras. When taking a video recording, the camera will automatically segment into a new file chapter once it has reached a certain size.

This chaptering is intentional so in the event of a jolt or crash that causes a file to become corrupted, only a portion of your video will be affected and not the whole thing.

These files when put together with editing software will play seamlessly as if they were never chaptered, and when played back from the camera directly will also play through as one continuation.

Sightseer

[ New ]
Mais si on Quel enregistre plus longtemps on fait comment car j’ai pas envie de faire du montage vidéo
Nomad

[ New ]

You can use a simple drag and drop video editor to join the files into one long video, that's all you have to do, nothing more.

Hiker

[ New ]

I've used other video cameras and have noticed that many of them also perform file chaptering. So, it's not just GoPro cameras.