Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Hiker

Re: Possible to shoot in 4k/60 fps in linear mode with hypersmooth?

I saw at least one reviewer say he received confirmation from GoPro that Hypersmooth WILL be available in that mode after an upcoming firmware update in November. Whether they stick to that time estimate remains to be seen. It's still early in November.  

Highlighted
Hiker

That is encouraging if that is true.. maybe I will wait to see if the next firmware update does the trick before "upgrading" to the 8

Highlighted
Hiker

This was his exact text. He does a lot of very thorough reviews both on his own website and on Youtube. He is dcrainmaker  dot  com.

From the comment section:

"I got confirmation from GoPro last night that they’ll be rolling out a firmware update to the Hero 8 Black in November (exact date TBD) that will enable 4K/60 in Linear mode *with* HyperSmooth 2.0. It will not be Boost, but HyperSmooth."

Highlighted
Hiker

that is great news! Now for my noob question: what is the difference between Hypersmooth (like what is on the 7), Hypersmooth 2.0, and Hypersmooth Boost?

Highlighted
Backpacker

[ Edited ]

@husker3in4 wrote:

that is great news! Now for my noob question: what is the difference between Hypersmooth (like what is on the 7), Hypersmooth 2.0, and Hypersmooth Boost?

this:  Smiley Very Happy

one of the best comparison I have seen ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2-WM2SPh8g

pay attention as well as the increase crop hypersmooth boost use....

enjoy!

robert

GoPro Hero8 HyperSmooth 2.0 comparison with four GoPros with 3 levels of stabilization, check it out! Comment, Like, Share, and Subscribe! http://bit.ly/MicB...
Highlighted
Hiker

That is an interesting comparison. It really looks like the High and Boost modes are just the same thing with more cropping, is that the case?

Highlighted
Explorer

The additional crop allows for more Stabilization. Because High is so good, it really takes special circumstances to see a difference. When the Media Mod and Flip screen come out, Boost will get the most use when vlogging as it brings the user a little closer to screen and helps smooth steps and the background horizon.
Highlighted
Backpacker

[ Edited ]

....in addition to what @danielr15  said... look at the horizon... "boost" keep it better...

boost "feels" when radical short movement with high amplitude happen