Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Hiker

Re: Possible Trade up scam phone call charges

Screen shot of my order

536B37B1-FC4C-4ABB-9400-E104879DBE81.png
Highlighted
Hiker

Here's a screenshot of a chat Some time ago...oh it wont take a .png so a photo instead...

image.jpg
Highlighted
Adventurer

I hear what your saying David.

I got no emails correctly also so that does that qualify for a Scam?

Highlighted
Hiker

Another week gone by and **bleep** all from the muppets at GoPro 

A4386192-51BD-4CFE-97BB-C96930C96747.png
Highlighted
Adventurer

I notice it says contact support to me that raises a flag.  can you explain a little bout that please?

Highlighted
Hiker

Yes, I contacted them on Monday and they said they still had not heard from the warehouse but would again put it as a priority. This is the fourth phone call (with another 5 or 6 attempted phone call and at least three chats). They have already said they have received my trade in camera. I am now sick to death dealing with them and if the camera arrives it’s will go back, I will never again buy anther GoPro product and they can’t be in no doubt that I will never have a good thing to say about them The whole company is made up of a miserable bunch of losers and have no doubt they will go bust sooner or later. You cannot survive with this pitiable service in this date and age. When they go bust everyone with a camera will not be able to get spares, repairs or service. DGI have brought out a new camera Osmo Action and I will be looking carefully at that. Some people here might find it highly amusing the bull**bleep** I have had to endure but I can tell you, they are probably hewn from the very same stuff the GoPro employees are, I have a pile of it at the bottom of my garden.
Highlighted
Adventurer

And you think they are better?

Highlighted
Hiker

If it helps provide any clarification, I did not receive confirmation when they received my trade-in either. As far as I know, nobody did. The next communication I received was when my Hero 8 was being shipped. 

Some people have waited longer than others, maybe depending on the region. There is more than one trade-in location for different areas of the country, and the world. At one point they appeared to be out of stock for some areas. But right now they seem to be shipping cameras again, based on what someone else told me this morning.