Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Hiker

Possible Trade up scam phone call charges

Calls are routed to the Philipines and if you use one of the numbers given from a mobile you are going to get charged a lot by your provider. I personally have spent over 40 minutes on four attempts to get through where it answered, played a message and went on hold, (longest time 16 minutes) before I realised this!!

Highlighted
Nomad

Re: Possible Trade up scam phone call charges

Companies can't reroute the number you dialed so you get charged at a higher rate.  You dialed a number in the Philipines and got charged accordingly.  In future make sure your browser is set up for the right region when looking for support numbers and learn what an international dialing code looks like.

Highlighted
Hiker

You are a cretin matey, the number was 0808, UK and then re routed to Philipines. It's on their UK website, and charging £1 a minute. NOT AN INTERNATIONAL NUMBER. Try doing a bit of research before you open that typing gob of yours.

Highlighted
Hiker

Highlighted
Hiker

Again
Highlighted
Adventurer

@irishmanpdx 

this is a world wide web   and not knowing what the OP did, I guess he should have paid more attention to  the details.   you may call up your carrier and  they'll take the charges off asa curtisy, just ask.

Highlighted
GoPro

@sunnybeach44378, toll-free numbers are listed here. If having trouble contacting our Support Team by phone, please make sure that the network allows calls to toll-free numbers.

Highlighted
Hiker

Yes, i thought I was dealing with an honest company with a proper sales support system, not a company who puts up a telephone number which charges the user to use it, bang smack in the middle of the support page. Not only that, you can only access chat from a desk based computer not an iPad or any other handheld which can’t do pop ups, and only between 8-5pm, so if you working your stuffed.........all extremely well thought out. I suggest anyone in my position does what I’m doing, buy a share and attend the next AGM.........